By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo to offer a season pass, World is over as we know

Tagged games:

superchunk said:
pezus said:
superchunk said:
See third parties, this is how you offer DLC. You create a full game and add completely new content that is fully optional and relatively cheap.

You don't create the game and then strip stuff out to make DLC.

Hopefully Nintendo continues this as they have done similar on WiiU with Pikmin3, NSLU, and hopefully future WiiU titles yet to come.

They DID strip it out, since it will be ready at release. What is to stop them from including it with the game BUT money and greed? This is no different from everyone else.

Nope. They created a full game same as every other time before. Then they realized they now have this awesome opportunity to do a little more work to generate more income. So they are spending time building up a lot of additional content that is clearly far and beyond anything they've delivered previously in a MG game.

This is extra.

Link? Where is your proof that they didn't splice the game in order to increase profit margins?

Around the Network

They are selling an incomplete game because content is cut off to earn extra money. Bot I do not buy incomplete games, sorry.

prayformojo said:

Link? Where is your proof that they didn't splice the game in order to increase profit margins?

Look up the other / older iterations of the game on portables.

So has anyone brought up the $30 base price of the game yet

superchunk said:
prayformojo said:

Look up the other / older iterations of the game on portables.

Only on portables? I read the amount of content in World Tour compares favorably even to previous console iterations.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:

Only on portables? I read the amount of content in World Tour compares favorably even to previous console iterations.

It does but I was trying to keep it at least on the same playing field.

etking said:
They are selling an incomplete game because content is cut off to earn extra money. Bot I do not buy incomplete games, sorry.

How is it an incomplete game?

http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Golf_(series)

Look at the tables near the bottom that compare the last 5 games in the series courses and playable characters.

Not only does this version come with more but its base price ($30) is $10 less than other 3DS games launch at.

This is a very well done DLC scenario.

I will be buying this game anyway, I will enjoy playing this game in my morning walks.

padib said:
He-Man said:
I will be buying this game anyway, I will enjoy playing this game in my morning walks.

Just watch out for those cars.

Cars? We don't have those kind of things in my region.

superchunk said:
the_dengle said:

It does but I was trying to keep it at least on the same playing field.

Don't. I didn't like the sound of this at first but after actually looking into things it's blatantly clear this is a case of sensationalism.

1: World Tour is launching at a lower base price than most first-party retail 3DS games. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a budget title, but it still costs less than the vast majority of its peers.

2: Even without the DLC, World Tour has more content than any previous iteration of its franchise. The quality of this content has yet to be determined, but when you're getting a bigger game for $30 than you got for your GameCube 10 years ago for $50, the amount of content included on the cartridge should NOT be an issue.

3: If you buy the game at its base price and all of the DLC, the whole package will cost $45, barely more than the base price of any large first-party 3DS title. It should be noted that at this point, World Tour contains roughly twice as much content as previous Mario Golf games.

4: Fire Emblem Awakening cost $40 and it had $50 worth of DLC, at least half of which was garbage, all of which combined added up to less than half as much content as the game shipped with, which was sold the same way in packs of three for a discounted price and you all love it so damn much.

This is dumb. People think they cut content out of the game to sell as DLC? Fine. They also cut $5-10 off the base price of the game. You are getting your money's worth whether or not you buy the DLC. I would barely call this DLC at all, to me it just looks like a different business model. I shouldn't even have to bring this up, but the big problem with season passes is when companies ask you to pay for them without telling you what the content you're buying is. You know exactly what you'll be getting with World Tour's DLC so that isn't an issue.