By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo to offer a season pass, World is over as we know

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:

The game is 40 Euro in Europe, so standard price. Fire Emblem DLC sucked ass, so I can call superchunk a fanboy all I want.

So its the same price as other 3DS launches? That doesn't mean the DLC mentioned isn't worth the extra $15. For less than half the price of the full game your almost doubling your content. That's a great deal. Yes, yes I am.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

The game is 40 Euro in Europe, so standard price. Fire Emblem DLC sucked ass, so I can call superchunk a fanboy all I want.

Man, NOE messed up a good thing. Euro is more valuable than the USD, too, so they're really overcharging you guys. That sucks.

The value for the price in America seems outstanding to me when you compare this game to its predecessors. Whether that holds up in other regions with different prices and currencies, I'll leave to fans of the series in those regions to decide.

And yes, there's a good reason I bought none of the Awakening DLC. If the World Tour DLC courses are as atrocious as those Awakening maps, I'll be happy to lambast Nintendo and Camelot for screwing up so badly. This is a different developer from Awakening, so it doesn't feel right to assume the DLC will be bad in advance.

Gonna wait for Mario Golf Island Tour GOTY edition XD.

superchunk said:
prayformojo said:

Link? Where is your proof that they didn't splice the game in order to increase profit margins?

Look up the other / older iterations of the game on portables.

That's...not proof.

cycycychris said:
Wow, $5.99 seems a little bit of a steep price. I'll eventually find this game for $15 off and then buy it.

its still a better value than 1000000 year old 8 bit games for 5-6 dollars or even euros/pounds.

Seriously NES VC games should be 1.99 at max.

I miss the 30 cents promotion. I would buy every single game for 30 or even 50 cents no matter if I would ever play it or not. (like I have 500+ steam games)

Around the Network
pezus said:
Kresnik said:
Good heavens, day 1 DLC from Nintendo? Genuinely surprised by this.

Smart business move and I don't particularly have a problem with it, but goes against a lot of the values Nintendo fans are proud of.

Suddenly EA looks a lot better

Well maybe when Nintendo releases buggy games then to be patched 5 or 6 times to be playable lol. Sorry EA :).

RolStoppable said:
the_dengle said:
RolStoppable said:

Man, NOE messed up a good thing. Euro is more valuable than the USD, too, so they're really overcharging you guys. That sucks.

The value for the price in America seems outstanding to me when you compare this game to its predecessors. Whether that holds up in other regions with different prices and currencies, I'll leave to fans of the series in those regions to decide.

And yes, there's a good reason I bought none of the Awakening DLC. If the World Tour DLC courses are as atrocious as those Awakening maps, I'll be happy to lambast Nintendo and Camelot for screwing up so badly. This is a different developer from Awakening, so it doesn't feel right to assume the DLC will be bad in advance.

I still won't call it a good thing. By the way, all of our prices include tax and said tax is 15-20% in most countries. On the other hand, NES Remix was 10 Euro here while it was $15 in the USA. It seems consistency isn't something that Nintendo cares about.

As for the value of the game, only three courses with 18 holes each and six courses with gimmicks and nine holes each aren't outstanding. Mario Golf on the Nintendo 64 had six courses with 18 holes each and a minigolf course with 18 holes. Yes, the N64 game was more expensive, but the 3DS game is really bare bones. The GC game had a similar number of holes, but was also a bit more expensive than the 3DS game. I actually thought the GC iteration was disappointing for its time, because it didn't really evolve.

I don't think the DLC for Mario Golf will be bad, it's just that all those courses and characters should have been included in the first place. As it is, the game will probably have trouble to get a Metascore of above 70 because there's not enough in it. Not that the Metascore is the important thing, it's the lack of favorable reviews I expect. You know, it doesn't really help games to sell when the consensus is that they could have easily been better than they actually are. Reviews are the first thing, impressions of early adopters are the next. I just don't think that what Camelot has delivered with this game will lead to good word of mouth. Another missed opportunity, in other words.

Huh, that's a shame. Judging from what I'd seen so far, I thought it was looking like it had much more effort put into it than the recent Mario Tennis. I guess we'll know for sure in just a couple of weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0DJrW4zWNc

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

pezus said:
Kresnik said:
Good heavens, day 1 DLC from Nintendo? Genuinely surprised by this.

Smart business move and I don't particularly have a problem with it, but goes against a lot of the values Nintendo fans are proud of.

Suddenly EA looks a lot better

It's lame yes, but no need to exaggerate .

prayformojo said:
superchunk said:
prayformojo said:

Link? Where is your proof that they didn't splice the game in order to increase profit margins?

Look up the other / older iterations of the game on portables.

That's...not proof.

So the fact that the base game not only matches but exceeds in content from the previous iterations is not proof that you're getting a full game before DLC is even considered?