By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Since Sony is porting games left and right

Since Sony is porting games left and right, I want Shadow Hearts HD.

Around the Network

Whats wrong with ports?

kupomogli said:
vivster said:
You really need to let this one go. Ports are a good thing. Good for people who haven't owned it before and good for devs to make some cash on the side. Be it with enhancements or not.

On one side you are arguing that ports take away resources from new games and on the other side you want devs using more resources to make the ports.

Read what I just posted above.  I'm not arguing  that I want ports, because I'd rather not have them.  I'm saying that if Sony is going to be making these ports, they should choose better ports instead.  Ones that benefit gamers by making games more playable rather than just a higher resolution or portability.

My point still stands. The only rational reason I've heard from you is that it would take resources away from truly new experiences which already has been refuted.

Ports are simply not a bad thing, that's why you need to let it go.

Yes I would wish too that ports would be actual remakes and use the system they're ported to to the fullest potential but it would defeat the purpose then.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I remember in 2011 when 3DS struggled and Sony fanboys were so fast to point out that the only big 3DS coming out was two N64 ports and how useless the 3DS was, now they are begging for old games on Vita. How about asking for NEW ORIGINAL games, something Vita has been lacking since the day it came out

I doubt it very much

Around the Network
melbye said:
I remember in 2011 when 3DS struggled and Sony fanboys were so fast to point out that the only big 3DS coming out was two N64 ports and how useless the 3DS was, now they are begging for old games on Vita. How about asking for NEW ORIGINAL games, something Vita has been lacking since the day it came out

Why not ask for Sony to give people $10000 when they purchase a Vita, cause that's about as likely as getting any significant new original western developed games on the Vita.

EB1994 said:
I don't understand why the OP thinks a game that ran poorly on the PS3 will run better on the Vita...My mind...it's blown.

Because some games that are ported over to the PS3, games like Skyrim, Dragon Age, Bayonetta, etc, are just really bad ports and not because the console can't handle it.  Dragon Age Origins has good looking character models, but the graphics outside of the character models aren't very good at all.  The graphics to Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation look much better than Dragon Age Origins and that game is an open world game that runs an average of 20+ framerate on the Vita.

Weedlab said:

That was my thought as well. The Vita is a beast, but the PS3 is a BEAST. All ports I know of have fared better on the PS3. MGS HD runs at 60 fps on PS3 while it does so at 30 on Vita. BL2 has significant downgrades on Vita. NGS2 + has horrible slowdown on Vita while it is moderate to annoying on PS3/X360. Oddworld on PS3 is superior to the Vita version. It goes on and on ...

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus is one of those cases of being a really crappy port.   The game runs between 15-25fps, but its atleast somewhat playable prior to chapter 9, even with all the detail in the stages prior.  Chapter 9 is one of the least open stages in the game, lacking detail, and the game runs sub 15fps the entire stage.  I didn't play further than chapter 9 because the framerate issues in that stage made the game literally unplayable.  Like I mentioned above, Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation runs an average of 20+ fps and it's an open world game, or what about Uncharted Golden Abyss which has the same progression system Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus does, but the areas are far more detailed and that game runs 25-30fps.

With Sony doing the porting, I'd hope they wouldn't do a half assed job.

Just so I understand, we are talking about waiting on ports, and instead completely remaking them for release on a new console. Right?
As such, I only know of a couple games that have ever actually been remade.
RE:make, colonization, uhh counterstrike, megaman x...
Maybe I'm confused as to the point of this.