By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Since Sony is porting games left and right

Raven722 said:
Only one big budget title has been ported by Sony. The other is just a rumor based on supposed leaked control schemes for the DS4 and Beyond: Two Souls that could be a fabrication or could have been for some other reasoning and we're reading too much into it. Beyond that (har har) is just a handful of indie titles. It's really not out of control like some people are making it seem.
Fusioncode said:
They are literarily porting one game from PS3 to PS4. One game.

One game for PS4.  I listed that one game.  The rest of the games are games that Sony own or has licensed and is currently porting or has ported over to the Vita.  Just because there's one for the PS4 doesn't mean the Vita ports don't exist.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Raven722 said:
Only one big budget title has been ported by Sony. The other is just a rumor based on supposed leaked control schemes for the DS4 and Beyond: Two Souls that could be a fabrication or could have been for some other reasoning and we're reading too much into it. Beyond that (har har) is just a handful of indie titles. It's really not out of control like some people are making it seem.
Fusioncode said:

One game for PS4.  I listed that one game.  The rest of the games are games that Sony own or has licensed and is currently porting or has ported over to the Vita.  Just because there's one for the PS4 doesn't mean the Vita ports don't exist.

The Vita ports make sense since it's a handheld, now people can take these games on the go if they want. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

kupomogli said:
Raven722 said:
Fusioncode said:

The whole Vita port thing is pretty much a dead horse that you're dragging back out to beat all over again. That topic has been talked about to death. Everyone is aware of it. Sony fans are painfully aware of it and many are unhappy with it but we've voiced our concerns and moved on. I get the feeling you're just bringing it back up to give yourself some cushion. Using the few PS4 ports wouldn't leave you with much to complain about. Seriously. Let it go.

Fusioncode said:

The Vita ports make sense since it's a handheld, now people can take these games on the go if they want. 

If they want people mocking the system and calling it nothing but ports, then sure.  Even Sony brought this up back in 2012, but of course, they didn't follow through.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/09/the-ps-vita-wont-be-overrun-with-ports-but-is-that-enough/

I'm inclined to think if a game ran poorly on the console then it might run worse on the Vita, even with downgrades. To add to this, the sacrifices that would have to be made to get the game to run at a solid FPS might cause the game to provide a different experience (not in all cases of course). Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 + is a good example of this. It's almost unplayable at times. I was annoyed by the framerate issues in the console versions, but it is on another level on Vita. I think TN should have made more sacrifices to get it to run smoother, but ... .oh well.

Best they port games that will garner some attention. BL2 is a better choice than say ..... DA:Origins.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

I don't understand why the OP thinks a game that ran poorly on the PS3 will run better on the Vita...My mind...it's blown.

I think Borderlands 2 is the perfect game to port, I would love a red dead redemption port but that's wishful thinking :D

HEMSTAR said:
I think Borderlands 2 is the perfect game to port, I would love a red dead redemption port but that's wishful thinking :D

Rockstar won't even make a PC version...Vita verson has a 0.0000001% chance of happening lol

I understand how you feel. If they have to be porting games to Vita can I get Dragon's Dogma, Kingdom Hearts, Skyrim. Fill out your library of 3D Action Adventure games with ports. Have your guys port GTA IV or SA. Port stuff people want to buy and not the narrow line of people that bought your old 3d platformers that didn't light up the sales charts in the first place.

EB1994 said:
I don't understand why the OP thinks a game that ran poorly on the PS3 will run better on the Vita...My mind...it's blown.

That was my thought as well. The Vita is a beast, but the PS3 is a BEAST. All ports I know of have fared better on the PS3. MGS HD runs at 60 fps on PS3 while it does so at 30 on Vita. BL2 has significant downgrades on Vita. NGS2 + has horrible slowdown on Vita while it is moderate to annoying on PS3/X360. Oddworld on PS3 is superior to the Vita version. It goes on and on ...

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS