By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Titanfall Considered a Big Exclusive for XB1 but FFXIV not for PS4?

jlmurph2 said:
Because Xbox fans don't care enough to go out of their way to bash FFXIV and PS fans don't care enough to go out of their way to praise it.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Because Xbox fans don't care enough to go out of their way to bash FFXIV and PS fans don't care enough to go out of their way to praise it.

This post. This one right here. Read it, its true.

You can summarize the entire endless pointless arguments on forums with this ONE POST.  I'm actually somewhat in awe of how simple of a statement it is and how true.

+100000000000 internet points for you good person.

RolStoppable said:
BenVTrigger said:
jlmurph2 said:

You can summarize the entire endless pointless arguments on forums with this ONE POST.  I'm actually somewhat in awe of how simple of a statement it is and how true.

Hey, my post was the first reply to the thread and said the same thing with a less mocking tone. Where are my internet points for being right and polite?

You have to be ruthless on the internet. But I'll give you a quarter of mine. :)

RolStoppable said:
BenVTrigger said:
jlmurph2 said:

Hey, my post was the first reply to the thread and said the same thing with a less mocking tone. Where are my internet points for being right and polite?

Lol Rol you know you always have internet points in my book! Jeez if I was keeping track of all of them by now I'd have to take a university accounting class

I just liked how perfectly put that post was. Because it works both ways, if you just reverse the "don't care enough" to "hyped enough" it explains every pointless 100+ post thread we get on here.

wary-wallaroo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Aerys said:

Because of artifial hype on a new FPS, marketing influencing people, just few month ago, most thought TItanfall was the GOTY, a revolution, an exclusive, the best multiplayer game of the year,... Then it released.

Then it released... and became critically acclaimed. People are still enjoying Titanfall even if it didn't live up to unrealistic expecatations.

No, then it released and turned out to be a good but average FPS and instead of being the savior it turned out the X1 sold less per week. 

Average? No. Titanfall is amongst the best reviewed games on 8th gen at the moment.

The X1's "savior" is significant price cuts and numerous noteworthy games. That's the same thing that saved PS3.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
jlmurph2 said:

You have to be ruthless on the internet. But I'll give you a quarter of mine. :)

Sorry, I can't afford to be ruthless right now, got already three moderations this month. First I'll have to clean up in the "How do you feel about the performance of the moderation team?" thread, then I'll be back in business.

I had one moderation when I first signed up for calling someone an idiot. Never had one since. 

RolStoppable said:
jlmurph2 said:

I had one moderation when I first signed up for calling someone an idiot. Never had one since. 

So much for being ruthless, huh? I have 22 entries in my moderation history, plus 4 unrecorded ones from before the history was implemented.

RolStoppable said:
jlmurph2 said:

So much for being ruthless, huh? I have 22 entries in my moderation history, plus 4 unrecorded ones from before the history was implemented.

The truly ruthless don't get caught ;) Or just word something well enough to not seem as ruthless.

RolStoppable said:
jlmurph2 said:

The truly ruthless don't get caught ;) Or just word something well enough to not seem as ruthless.

You don't know how hard things are for me. My moderation history is considered the hall of fame for moderators, so any moderator usually leaves me alone after getting his one entry. 26 moderations from 20 different moderators.

Wow lol that's pretty funny

jlmurph2 said:

You know, this might actually be the right/best answer if you're strictly talking about a big exclusive in a VGC bubble, OP.

Titanfall: massively hyped by media, leading to loads of hype by Xbone owners here. This also lead to tons of downplaying and shitting on it by Playstation guys, all of which just added fuel to the hype fire.

FFXIV: None of that. No massive media hype, no fucks given by the general Playstation crowd here. And because of that, no fucks given by fans of other consoles.