By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Titanfall Considered a Big Exclusive for XB1 but FFXIV not for PS4?

kupomogli said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
kupomogli said:

Because Final Fantasy 14 is yet another port while Titanfall is multiconsole.  That, and most people don't want to pay $15 a month to play a game they just paid $60 for.

The irony in this post is you need a subscription to play Titan Fall as well which kinda reiterates the op that they are more similar than ppl give credit

.  I'm not a fan of paying for XBL.  But I'm also not a fan of paying $15 a month to play one game.  If you want to play Titanfall for one year it's $60 a year unless you get a discount on Xbox Live.  If you want to play Final Fantasy 14, it's $180 a year unless you get a discount on monthly codes.

Yeah I get FF would be more expensive 220 for 1st year ve 120 for TF but you gotta see the similarities here.... 

Around the Network

Did anybody go to Amazon to check those horrible user reviews for FFXIV?

Lots of people love XIV, though i wouldnt really call it big, because it released the oposite way around.
Titanfall as all about advertising the xbox one version, PC version was just an "oh and its on.." and 360 version was basically intentionally ignored and hidden from the public eye.
XIV was on ps3 and pc for ages then they were like "oh and were bringing it to ps4 now too".

kupomogli said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
kupomogli said:

Because Final Fantasy 14 is yet another port while Titanfall is multiconsole.  That, and most people don't want to pay $15 a month to play a game they just paid $60 for.

The irony in this post is you need a subscription to play Titan Fall as well which kinda reiterates the op that they are more similar than ppl give credit

.  I'm not a fan of paying for XBL.  But I'm also not a fan of paying $15 a month to play one game.  If you want to play Titanfall for one year it's $60 a year unless you get a discount on Xbox Live.  If you want to play Final Fantasy 14, it's $180 a year unless you get a discount on monthly codes.

Yeah I get FF would be more expensive 220 for 1st year ve 120 for TF but you gotta see the similarities here.... 

Scisca said:
shikamaru317 said:
Because Titanfall's sales on Xbox One will more than likely far exceed FF XIV's sales on PS4.

Sales - yes. But profits?

Profits only count when talking about one group worldwide then sales switches to importance when isloating particular countries in select regions.

Thanks jlmurph!

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Did anybody go to Amazon to check those horrible user reviews for FFXIV?

I wouldn't be surprised if those low reviews are complaining about connection issues or subscription fees. The PS3 launch of XIV was horrible, but the game was pretty fun once they fixed the server issues. However, the subscription fee was the reason why I stopped playing.

OT: Basically it's the marketing and advertising. All the ads I've seen for Titanfall are only advertising the XB1 version. The Titanfall preview at the movie theaters, when they show the ads before showing movie previews, spends like five minutes showing off Titanfall with them only mentioning XB1. No mentions of the PC or 360 whatsoever. We already know there's a PS3 version of XIV since it was released months before the PS4's.

I'll be honest with you. I had no idea there was a 360 version of Titanfall until a few days before its launch, and that's only because VGC was bombarded with Titanfall threads with people mentioning the 360 version.

Final Fantasy is not a system seller.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

mochachino said:
FF14 will make more money and gamers and have a longer lasting larger userbase.

Before the relaunch, I don't think the FFXIV userbase was much to boast about. That could happen again.

Also, you ignore the Titanfall will have a healthy population in future releases.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Goatseye said:

When was the last Socom out?

Bulletstorm was just one title back in 2011.

Painkiller? 2 games in 10 years.

You must be kidding. Even Halo comes out in 2-3 years iteration.

I shouldn't even replied to you just because of the bolded part.

Sure Titanfall will make MS splash millions because you know, it's online only and to play you have to acquire Live. Does that mean more money to MS?

2011 is 3 years ago - just like you wrote in your post. The last SOCOM was released in that time period as well. I think there were 3 Painkillers? Though I might be wrong here.

The bolded is true, whether it breaks down your world or not.

It will cost MS like hell. Why? They had to pay for exclusivity. Then, they were giving it out for free and even coupled that with a $50 discount on XO. There was also a bundle with TF and a year of Live. Moreover, I'm sure the majority of people who jumped to the XO are X360 owners and have Live either way. All this effort and PS4 still won March in USA...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

The simple answer is Titanfall appeals to a broader audience.

Titanfall would have sold millions on PS3 and PS4. Final Fantasy XIV... might not.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)