By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Titanfall Considered a Big Exclusive for XB1 but FFXIV not for PS4?

Goatseye said:
bigjon said:

Both games are on the PC and last gen system. But for some reason people here and in general dont reconize that FF XIV is every bit as exclusive for the PS4 as Titanfall is for the XB1. Both games have just cosmetic differences from the last gen counterpart and the PS4 version of ARR actually has visual parity with the PC version.

In fact I would say FF is a bigger deal than some new shooter in a saturated market. FF IV ARR is the only true good MMO that plays well on a console, and lets not forget the fact it is an entry from one of the oldest franchises in gaming. Shooters are a dime a dozen these days.

I think the answer goes something like this. MS NEEDED Titanfall to be a system seller where as Sony is having trouble keeping up with demand as is and did not need to waste millions of dollars to hype it into oblivion.

You are talking about a franchise that is probably on a 20th iteration and you're still taking cheap shots at FPS market.

The RPG market is way oversaturated but probably you don't mind.

FPS is BY FAR the most saturated market of games.

Around the Network

Maybe it will if its a FPS Final Fantasy...

Even if it were PS4 exclusive it wouldn't as big of a deal as Titanfall.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Final Fantasy XIV:ARR is my first MMORPG and i am loving it. For me is the best JRPG since Xenoblade Chronicles.

Edit: i am playing it on PC, becauseit was cheaper on Steam than PSN and i have a GTX 680, so i am playing it on maximum setting.

rolltide101x said:

Really? Give me FPS titles that came out for the last year and I'll count the RPGs.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
rolltide101x said:

Really? Give me FPS titles that came out for the last year and I'll count the RPGs.

I do not understand what you are asking.... But FPS is by far the most over-saturized gaming market. There is no debate about that. It is not even worth talking about

Yeah, alot of us don't want FF as an MMO.

Sales-wise, they're the same.....Until FFXIV eventually increases its sales totals and TitanFall drops to nothing.

Hype-wise, TitanFall is a much bigger exclusive

Expectations-wise, FFXIV is the bigger exclusive because it's exceeding expectations whereas Titanfall is kind of a disappointment.

Longevity-wise, FFXIV is a much bigger game that will sell for YEARS to come.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
Sales-wise, they're the same.

Expectations-wise, FFXIV is the bigger exclusive because it's exceeding expectations whereas Titanfall is kind of a disappointment.

FFXIV will last longer...

rccsetzer said:
adriane23 said:
Sales-wise, they're the same.

FFXIV will last longer...

Damn you for making me edit my post. That's very true though.

I am the Playstation Avenger.