By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Titanfall Considered a Big Exclusive for XB1 but FFXIV not for PS4?

rolltide101x said:
Goatseye said:
rolltide101x said:

FPS is BY FAR the most saturated market of games.

Really? Give me FPS titles that came out for the last year and I'll count the RPGs.

I do not understand what you are asking.... But FPS is by far the most over-saturized gaming market. There is no debate about that. It is not even worth talking about

That bolded statement is based on what? You remove COD and Battlefield yearly iterations, there are barely any other FPS left for up to three years.

Now just Japan releases a RPG a week, but that still doesn't saturate the market for you.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:

That bolded statement is based on what? You remove COD and Battlefield yearly iterations, there are barely any other FPS left for up to three years.

Now just Japan releases a RPG a week, but that still doesn't saturate the market for you.

Let's not go that far. You still get your Halos, Medals of Honour, Killzones, SOCOMs, Fuses, Bulletstorms, Dead Islands, Painkillers, etc. The difference between these two genres is that in FPS people flock to a limited number of franchises, while RPG games sell less per title, as they are more diversified and cater to different gamers.

The funniest part is that FFXIV will probably earn Sony some big $$$, while MS will lose milions on TF.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Because Final Fantasy 14 is yet another port while Titanfall is multiconsole.  That, and most people don't want to pay $15 a month to play a game they just paid $60 for.

FF14 will make more money and gamers and have a longer lasting larger userbase.

Not nearly as many people care about a FF MMO?

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Because Titanfall's sales on Xbox One will more than likely far exceed FF XIV's sales on PS4.

Sales - yes. But profits?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

kupomogli said:

Because Final Fantasy 14 is yet another port while Titanfall is multiconsole.  That, and most people don't want to pay $15 a month to play a game they just paid $60 for.

The irony in this post is you need a subscription to play Titan Fall as well which kinda reiterates the op that they are more similar than ppl give credit

Because it isn't

1.) Being bundled for free
2.) Discounted further
3.) Proclaimed gotg and the saviour
4.) Guaranteed to win all npds
5.) Lose said npd by 60k

Only when all 5 conditions are met can something then and only then be called a system seller.

Scisca said:

Let's not go that far. You still get your Halos, Medals of Honour, Killzones, SOCOMs, Fuses, Bulletstorms, Dead Islands, Painkillers, etc. The difference between these two genres is that in FPS people flock to a limited number of franchises, while RPG games sell less per title, as they are more diversified and cater to different gamers.

The funniest part is that FFXIV will probably earn Sony some big $$$, while MS will lose milions on TF.

When was the last Socom out?

Bulletstorm was just one title back in 2011.

Painkiller? 2 games in 10 years.

You must be kidding. Even Halo comes out in 2-3 years iteration.

I shouldn't even replied to you just because of the bolded part.

Sure Titanfall will make MS splash millions because you know, it's online only and to play you have to acquire Live. Does that mean more money to MS?

2008ProchargedGT said:
kupomogli said:

The irony in this post is you need a subscription to play Titan Fall as well which kinda reiterates the op that they are more similar than ppl give credit

Yeah.  I'm not a fan of paying for XBL.  But I'm also not a fan of paying $15 a month to play one game.  If you want to play Titanfall for one year it's $60 a year unless you get a discount on Xbox Live.  If you want to play Final Fantasy 14, it's $180 a year unless you get a discount on monthly codes.