By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Smash Bros Boost Wii U Sales at All??

You guys think that Smash Bros sales will boost Wii U above Xbox One and PS4 on a weekly basis but there is almost a zero chance of that happening.

A better version of Smash Bros will come to 3DS way before the Wii U version comes out. The 3DS will have better modes.

Probably 99% of Wii U owners own a 3DS and will want to get the better version first rather than buying the Wii U version later on (look to see what watchdogs sales for Wii U will be after having other versions out).

The 3DS version will be more favored because more people own a 3DS; people can play with more of their friends.

Nintendo gamers say graphics do not matter so buying a 3DS with Smash Bros is a hell of a lot more appealing than buying a $300 dollar system and a $50 dollar game for a couple extra pixels.

To be honest, I see the 3DS version selling 4 million and the Wii U version selling 2.5 million. This game will not be a huge system seller. All my opinion of course, what do you think?

Around the Network

I see your prediction being right to be honest. The 3DS and Wii U numbers are a little bit high though. The Wii U version will struggle to reach the 2 Million mark.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Who was saying it will boost above PS4/Xone?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Jezus, did nintendo do something to you recently? O.o

Your predictions are wayyyy off bro :-/

Pavolink said:
Who was saying it will boost above PS4/Xone?

Nearly all Nintendo fans that agree with Iwata. Read all the posts in the Wii U threads. Edit: The guy above me and kaizer too.

Around the Network

I own a Wii U and not a 3DS and am getting Smash lol

Look a toastboy thread! *grabs popcorn*

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

tbone51 said:

Jezus, did nintendo do something to you recently? O.o

Your predictions are wayyyy off bro :-/

^

"3DS will have better modes"  We don't even know all the modes in the Wii U version...

Nope. Wii U weekly sales are obviously going to be crappier once Smash Bros 4 comes out!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It will boost sales, but not by much.