By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 more or less failed- Will we ever see another Pikmin game?

RealGamingExpert said:
750k for a game on a userbase of 6 mio. isnt bad at all. Its unfortunate that every new pikmin game came out on a console that failed. Tbh i could see it coming to the 3DS or the next handheld.
Otherwise we'll see another one on the next home console.

If anything, this is why Pikmin won't be continued : (

I think Pikmin can sale better on popular Nintendo handhelds like the 3DS.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure we will see another Pikmin game because Pikmin 3 ended on a bit of a cliffhanger.

Now when the game actually comes out is left up to Nintendo. If Miyamoto steps down this year then it will take them longer, but I am sure a fourth game will come out at some point.

As for the sales, 750k on a small userbase isn't bad at all. The game at least broke even for them.

Turkish said:
tbone51 said:
Turkish said:
It's likely the last. It took like 10 years for the 3rd one to come out with all the delays, it sold poorly.

Niche series (though would of done wayyy better if released on wii years ago), that didn't do as bad i people think imo.

1.63mil: Pikmin 1 (GCN Launch Title)

1.20mil: Pikmin 2 

0.75mil: Pikmin 3 *Much less userbase so far and its going to keep on growing (should be 1mil by end of life)

I hope so because I bought all 3 games some weeks ago.

oh really, how do you like them? Its definitely a unique game. Personally all 3 give it something different to me, but my favorite is Pikmin 2

Pikmin 1: Best Challenge, 30 days of pressure unlike any game before

Pikmin 2: Best Exploration+Content. 100hours of goodness

Pikmin 3: By far best gameplay+graphics and maps (and extra modes),but pikmin 2 had so much more to offer imo

tbone51 said:
Turkish said:
tbone51 said:
Turkish said:
It's likely the last. It took like 10 years for the 3rd one to come out with all the delays, it sold poorly.

Niche series (though would of done wayyy better if released on wii years ago), that didn't do as bad i people think imo.

1.63mil: Pikmin 1 (GCN Launch Title)

1.20mil: Pikmin 2 

0.75mil: Pikmin 3 *Much less userbase so far and its going to keep on growing (should be 1mil by end of life)

oh really, how do you like them? Its definitely a unique game. Personally all 3 give it something different to me, but my favorite is Pikmin 2

Pikmin 1: Best Challenge, 30 days of pressure unlike any game before

Pikmin 2: Best Exploration+Content. 100hours of goodness

Pikmin 3: By far best gameplay+graphics and maps (and extra modes),but pikmin 2 had so much more to offer imo

I still havent played them! Too much of a backlog and all are sealed copies, can you believe it? first one is player choice though :(

Metallox said:
Faust said:
tbone51 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Unfortunately yeah it'll probably go the way of Starfox and F-Zero.

Really now? 750k (just checked) on a 6mil userbase is pretty good. The game will end up selling over a million lifetime. If a good sellng home console came out maybe we can see another, or maybe even a portable one on the next HH installment.

is pretty poor by Nintendo's standards, even with the low userbase of the wii u. Just look at NSMBU's numbers, 3.85m for a indie-like game (prod value) is very impressive, and is probably what nintendo is looking for.

New Super Mario Bros. U is selling because it's bundled, simple as that. I mean, just look at Super Mario 3D World, it has tanked. It definitely has surpassed the 2M mark, but it's going to struggle to reach those 3M. Now, SM3DW has sold 1.96M units, Pikmin has sold 750K, the difference it's only about 1.25 units. Keep in mind, this is Mario vs Pikmin. The game it's actually selling quite good considering the Wii U's situation.

my point is a 2d mario game (even sm3dw) can be made within months of development and Nintendo can wait more sells out of it. Plus, is a good way to fill droughts on the system.  I can be wrong tho

Around the Network
Turkish said:
tbone51 said:
Turkish said:

I still havent played them! Too much of a backlog and all are sealed copies, can you believe it? first one is player choice though :(

Well when you do play them good luck!!! Its definitely a fun strategy game like no other. Its funny cuz its so sad when 1 pikmin dies. And you'll have a bunch that will in your first run. 

tbone51 said:
Turkish said:
tbone51 said:
Turkish said:

Well when you do play them good luck!!! Its definitely a fun strategy game like no other. Its funny cuz its so sad when 1 pikmin dies. And you'll have a bunch that will in your first run. 

Noo, I dont want my minions to die :( remember how your people vanish after they die in fire emblem? Thats why I like Advance Wars better

Faust said:
Metallox said:
Faust said:
tbone51 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Unfortunately yeah it'll probably go the way of Starfox and F-Zero.

Really now? 750k (just checked) on a 6mil userbase is pretty good. The game will end up selling over a million lifetime. If a good sellng home console came out maybe we can see another, or maybe even a portable one on the next HH installment.

is pretty poor by Nintendo's standards, even with the low userbase of the wii u. Just look at NSMBU's numbers, 3.85m for a indie-like game (prod value) is very impressive, and is probably what nintendo is looking for.

New Super Mario Bros. U is selling because it's bundled, simple as that. I mean, just look at Super Mario 3D World, it has tanked. It definitely has surpassed the 2M mark, but it's going to struggle to reach those 3M. Now, SM3DW has sold 1.96M units, Pikmin has sold 750K, the difference it's only about 1.25 units. Keep in mind, this is Mario vs Pikmin. The game it's actually selling quite good considering the Wii U's situation.

my point is a 2d mario game (even sm3dw) can be made within months of development and Nintendo can wait more sells out of it. Plus, is a good way to fill droughts on the system.  I can be wrong tho

My point is Nintendo should acknowledge that Pikmin 3 is only 3M units behind the best selling Wii U game, which by the way it's bundled, and that game is part of the Super Mario Bros. series.

Also, Pikmin 3 is so similiar to Pikmin 1 that I highly doubt Nintendo invested too much in the game.

Finally, the game sold 414K during its first 8 weeks, and DKC Tropical Freeze (another million seller franchise) sold 467K in the same time. That, and not even considering Pikmin 3 launched in Europe and America a few weeks later after the Japanese release. So they basically sold the same to me. If anything, Nintendo must acknowledge that their games are flopping due to the Wii U's situation.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Turkish said:
tbone51 said:
Turkish said:
tbone51 said:
Turkish said:

Noo, I dont want my minions to die :( remember how your people vanish after they die in fire emblem? Thats why I like Advance Wars better

sad times indeed :-

t3mporary_126 said:

If anything, this is why Pikmin won't be continued : (

I think Pikmin can sale better on popular Nintendo handhelds like the 3DS.

Gonna be hard to see anything with such a small screen, and the pointer controls will be greatly missed. This is one game series I think should actually stay on consoles only!