By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega’s failed Dreamcast outsold Nintendo’s Wii U

I still think the WiiU can pass 10 million lifetime.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

http://o.canada.com/technology/gaming/segas-failed-dreamcast-actually-outsold-the-wii-u/

Nintendo has sold less than six million Wii U consoles since the system’s launch in November 2012.

A recent Reddit post got me thinking about this from a very sobering perspective. The console is now as old as the Dreamcast was when Sega announced the system’s death and has sold just about half as many devices. At this rate, the Wii U isn’t even on pace to outsell Nintendo’s last struggling system, the GameCube.

Sega sold 10.6 million Dreamcast consoles between its November 1999 launch and when the console was officially discontinued in March 2001.

Interesting. I did not know the dreamcast outsold the Wii U 2:1! Amazing facts indeed

Its over 6 mllion according to this site own front page. Maybe check that next time you make your nonsesne threads.

You're really grasping at straws today. This is old old news. The Dreamcast sold very well in its first year and a bit on the market. It sold better than a lot of other very successful consoles. It wasn't until people figured out how to pirate games that things went down hill.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Sometimes I wish people could get banned for excessively negative posts/threads.....

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
So... do you get up in the morning and google "How to harp on the wiiU today?"

You underestimate him, one does not have time to sleep if they wish to truly bash on the Wi U.

Toast's life 24/7 is speant hard at work researching new ways to talk smack about Wii U and making Nintendrones cry.

Toast is dedication.

=P

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
So... do you get up in the morning and google "How to harp on the wiiU today?"

You underestimate him, one does not have time to sleep if they wish to truly bash on the Wi U.

Toast's life 24/7 is speant hard at work researching new ways to talk smack about Wii U and making Nintendrones cry.

Toast is dedication.

=P

Lollll, if thats the case than he needs to ramp up his R&D cause hes making me pity him just like how I pity the adorable pandas that are going extinct

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

This can't even be considered trolling... Wii U hit 6 million about 2 weeks ago, and It's silly to even suggest the Wii U won't outsell the Dreamcast with a 4-5 year life.

I'm going to hide, this place it's no longer safe. *hides in the bush, grabs popcorn*

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Regardless of toast's motives it's still an interesting little factoid. Poor dreamcast, the little console that couldn't and my second favorite sega console. Now it makes me wonder if the vita will pass the dreamcast before wii u can pass the vita.