By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega’s failed Dreamcast outsold Nintendo’s Wii U

DialgaMarine said:
Fusioncode said:
IIRC the Dreamcast did very well in the US, Sega just wasn't stable enough financially to continue in the hardware business.

Yeah, because M$ and EA killed them... -_-

Sega 32x = Few games, poor market timing and divided the market.

Saturn = At 1994 E3 they said, we will not release saturn next year. We will release it one week later. Third party developers are in shock.

Dreamcast = Launched too early and had a bad reputation for previous systems poor support.

I dont like EA. But for dreamcast sega's mistakes drove EA from them.

Around the Network
DolPhanTendo said:
This is funny. DreamCast died because they didnt have popular titles or innovation to keep Sega going.That is like if PS4 would suddenly think they dont need 3rd Party Support and tried to have God of War, The Show, Gran Turismo, and few others carry the system Plus over advertising in America pre DreamCast gave away any surplus made off of the Genesis. Remember "SEGA Does what Nintendon't". Maybe people should read history first before they post

That sounds like an exact description of the current situation the WiiU is in...

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

GO SEGA

WOOOP

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Yep. Looking just at raw numbers is always the best way to compare things.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Sobering indeed. Not advertising and pissing off 3rd parties has done wonders.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

Damn you Toastboy, I'm really trying to not like you with all that negative spam. Please change your profile picture:/

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

ImmortalHelixFossil said:
Damn you Toastboy, I'm really trying to not like you with all that negative spam. Please change your profile picture:/

Just picture him standing behind those bears violating them. It helps.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

All I can see is this:

Can't even UNignore him because I wrote that feature out. "Undo" is just there for niceness.

P.S. PM me if you want this

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

So please tell when Nintendo had ALL the 3rd Party support? Lets see Hmmmmmmm not ever actually. Sega Genesis had a lot more 3rd Party support then Nintendo did. Reason why Genesis took off along with Sonic. Nintendo and its parent companies has always made games for itself. Once again I was born in 78 was kid in the 80s my first system was a SEGA Master system, was in high school when Genesis and Super Nintendo were going back and forth remember all the ads SEGA had and just like today rarely saw a Nintendo ad unless it was Nickelodeon. So please stop with this doom stuff, Wasnt the "lack of strong sales" GameCube going to make Nintendo go third party lol

Gnac said:

All I can see is this:

Can't even UNignore him because I wrote that feature out. "Undo" is just there for niceness.

P.S. PM me if you want this

wait, why everything is blue for you? Reported

Click HERE and be happy