By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The gamrConnect Community and How We View Avatars and Signatures

Tagged games:

Hey, if so many people want rid of my avatar because it shows cleavage then so be it. Ill remove it when I get to a computer.

Though, there is a catch

Around the Network

lol not surprised this thread was made! Things were getting way out of hand!

RolStoppable said:

Those seem to be the rules. As long as it's cosplay, anything goes.

False.

People just really need to read the OP.

For avatars, images, and GIFs, the mod team will ask themselves this one question: What's the intent of this picture/GIF? If it's to be sexual in nature, then it's not appropriate for VGChartz (collective groans ensue). That's it. End of story. You can still have a beautiful woman in a swimsuit, but ask yourself this: Is this picture's goal to get a sexual response from the viewer? If it is, then it's not VGChartz material.

I really dont see cleavage as trying to get a sexual response.

Its all down to the context.

pbroy said:

Looks like we have lost this round, George Michael...

We were too sexy for VGC anyways...

I miss the Harley Quinn avatar already :( And I still don't understand what type of avatar would be pushing it to be acceptable or not. We need example pictures of this.

Cool, I don´t like blasphemy sigs and avatars either, but I don´t expect that the mods would protect any christians since we are hated everywhere pretty much =/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Hey, if so many people want rid of my avatar because it shows cleavage then so be it. Ill remove it when I get to a computer.

Though, there is a catch

Going back to the greats.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

WagnerPaiva said:

Cool, I don´t like blasphemy sigs and avatars either, but I don´t expect that the mods would protect any christians since we are hated everywhere pretty much =/

I'm a Christian too and it seems that we have a really bad rep everywhere. However, I'd like to note that saying " the mods would protect any christians since we are hated everywhere pretty much" isn't helping things.

But yeah, I think you have a point. Did you contact axumblade? I personally don't mind it at all (all my close friends are atheists and make make fun of Christianity left and right, so I'm used to it), but I think it's a serious issue, so if you feel strongly about this, contact the mods.

naruball said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I'm a Christian too and it seems that we have a really bad rep everywhere. However, I'd like to note that saying " the mods would protect any christians since we are hated everywhere pretty much" isn't helping things.

But yeah, I think you have a point. Did you contact axumblade? I personally don't mind it at all (all my close friends are atheists and make make fun of Christianity left and right, so I'm used to it), but I think it's a serious issue, so if you feel strongly about this, contact the mods.

It hurts me but I can live with it. Also, it is pretty much written in the Bible that we are supposed to be hated and made fun of, so, I don´t think we should bother the mods about it.

By the way, nice to see other christians here man, check it out my christian blog and facebook comunity if you want. =D

http://bewarethenewage.blogspot.com.br/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beware-the-New-Age/295403873946589

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I'll miss my Katy Perry Avatar and GIF........

WagnerPaiva said:
naruball said:
WagnerPaiva said:

It hurts me but I can live with it. Also, it is pretty much written in the Bible that we are supposed to be hated and made fun of, so, I don´t think we should bother the mods about it.

By the way, nice to see other christians here man, check it out my christian blog and facebook comunity if you want. =D

http://bewarethenewage.blogspot.com.br/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beware-the-New-Age/295403873946589

Thanks for the links. I'll check them out tomorrow when I wake up.