By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you consider Titanfall a flop?

Was Titanfall on Xbone a Flop?

Yes. 164 30.31%

No. 222 41.04%

It sold pretty average. 150 27.73%

Total:536

It's hard to say how successful it is as a game while it's being given away free with new consoles. Any title can be a big 'seller' when it's given away.

I think it's a great title, all credit to Respawn, but it hasn't made such a big bump in XB1 sales.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
bubblegamer said:
J_Allard said:
Gnac said:

Depends on your faction.

this

Though I fail to see how even the most diehard Sony enthusiast could call a game selling as well as Titanfall a flop.

Then again PS4 owners always had the highest expectations for the game.

You should've expected this when you were hyping the game to heaven by calling it gotg. Karma's a bitch they say.

What would my own hype have to do with others? 

and what karma is there? I got an amazing game, best shooter in years. I guess karma was good for me? Awesome!

LOL "best shooter in years". Eh,  Battlefield is always the best shooter. Nothing even remotely compares.  

rolltide101x said:
J_Allard said:
bubblegamer said:
J_Allard said:
Gnac said:

Depends on your faction.

this

Though I fail to see how even the most diehard Sony enthusiast could call a game selling as well as Titanfall a flop.

Then again PS4 owners always had the highest expectations for the game.

You should've expected this when you were hyping the game to heaven by calling it gotg. Karma's a bitch they say.

What would my own hype have to do with others? 

and what karma is there? I got an amazing game, best shooter in years. I guess karma was good for me? Awesome!

LOL "best shooter in years". Eh,  Battlefield is always the best shooter. Nothing even remotely compares.  

Thats a cool opinion you have there. Personally i havent seen a good BF game since Bad Company 2 and BF4 was a joke of a game rushed to market and buggy as hell.

chapset said:
Mr Puggsly said:
chapset said:
I hope people will learn one day to stop over hyping games

Why? It ultimately encouraged more people to play Titanfall, sales are solid, and its a critical success.

Because it the same bullshit every times, people hype a game to the heavens (game changing!! innovative!!! will kill console x!!! will put console y in the lead!!!) and when the game fell to achieve those high expectations we see the same people who over hyped it act as if the humble results the game pulled are actually terrific and pretend the hype wasn't that big to begin with.

You sound like a guy that spends too much time on internet forums.

The average person actually interested in Titanfall just wanted a fun shooter and Respawn delivered.

If it failed to live up to unrealistic expectations... oh well.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Definitely wasn't a flop, but it didn't come anywhere close to being the super sales power house that people were hailing it as. Hopefully does a lot better since it'll also be available on the more powerful PS4 and be open to a larger user base.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
ICStats said:

It's hard to say how successful it is as a game while it's being given away free with new consoles. Any title can be a big 'seller' when it's given away.

Are you ignoring it sold 900K in the first week? Not even including digital sales.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Titanfall & Respawn = Did extremely good.
EA = Got lots of cash. They are also happy.
Microsoft = Invested heavily for the exclusivity, price cut and gave away the game. Yet it didnt push Xbox One above PS4. They didnt win.

To provide a more serious answer, Titanfall is fantastic. I'd say it's far above any PS4 exclusive I've played. Hell, it's probably the best online FPS I've played since Bad Company 2 or COD4. That said, it was never going to achieve the unrealistic expectations that certain people put on it. One game cannot lock down the entire US market for Microsoft.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Thats a cool opinion you have there. Personally i havent seen a good BF game since Bad Company 2 and BF4 was a joke of a game rushed to market and buggy as hell.

Lol BF4 is amazing and it has never been buggy. It just crashed to often.... It sold just as much as Titanfall on less hardware so it must not be to much of a joke.

rolltide101x said:

Lol BF4 is amazing and it has never been buggy. It just crashed to often.... It sold just as much as Titanfall on less hardware so it must not be to much of a joke.

What?? Since selling BF4 I've seen nothing but glitches, lags, screen tears, people not being able to shoot their guns and multiple cases of being booted from servers. That is a buggy ass game.