By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you consider Titanfall a flop?

Was Titanfall on Xbone a Flop?

Yes. 164 30.31%

No. 222 41.04%

It sold pretty average. 150 27.73%

Total:536

It's nowhere near a flop, but considering the bundles, bargains, commercial support and hopes, I consider it sold pretty average.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Gnac said:

Depends on your faction.

this

Though I fail to see how even the most diehard Sony enthusiast could call a game selling as well as Titanfall a flop.

Then again PS4 owners always had the highest expectations for the game.

You should've expected this when you were hyping the game to heaven by calling it gotg. Karma's a bitch they say.

I think people consider it a failure because it didn't motivate enough people to buy a $500 console.

But between all the platforms its on, lifetime sales won't be anything to sneeze at.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Gaming flop: no
MarketingBusiness flop: yes

I hope people will learn one day to stop over hyping games

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
chapset said:

Why? It ultimately encouraged more people to play Titanfall, sales are solid, and its a critical success.

Its not like we can say it didn't deserve hype. The only thing its not doing is living up to sales expectations set by people that don't care about the IP.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
chapset said:

Why? It ultimately encouraged more people to play Titanfall, sales are solid, and its a critical success.

Because it the same bullshit every times, people hype a game to the heavens (game changing!! innovative!!! will kill console x!!! will put console y in the lead!!!) and when the game fell to achieve those high expectations we see the same people who over hyped it act as if the humble results the game pulled are actually terrific and pretend the hype wasn't that big to begin with.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

It is not a flop but it fell far from its hype.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

bubblegamer said:
J_Allard said:
Gnac said:

Depends on your faction.

this

Though I fail to see how even the most diehard Sony enthusiast could call a game selling as well as Titanfall a flop.

Then again PS4 owners always had the highest expectations for the game.

You should've expected this when you were hyping the game to heaven by calling it gotg. Karma's a bitch they say.

What would my own hype have to do with others? 

and what karma is there? I got an amazing game, best shooter in years. I guess karma was good for me? Awesome!

freedquaker said:
Let's not be unfair here.

Objective Assessment:

Flop? NO
Over-hyped? YES
Disappointing? NO
Underwhelming? YES
Good Game? YES
Lacking in Content? YES
True Next Gen Game? NO

This, now to the next thread lol