By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 4 Sales Surpass 7.0 Million Units Worldwide

iceland said:
DerNebel said:
So, can we take this as final proof (as if any more was needed...) that insiderp was just making shit up?

We needed proof? As if the site itself wasn't enough to not take them seriously.

Well looking at how much discussion every insiderp thread sparked on this site, I'd say that at least some people put trust in that site.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
The 7 million was expected, thread title should have been about the 20 million software! That means PS4 software is undertracked by a whopping 4 million, or 25%. It also means that PS4 software will overtake Wii-U software in a matter of weeks.

Not undertracked, the statement included PlayStation Store sales (digital), which this site cannot track. Something which many of us keep saying will be a huge issue for this site that will only increase moving forward

sully1311 said:
They lost March NPD's then!

Assuming the numbers for X1 were accurately tracked as well as the PS4 numbers in North America. It's possible the PS4 numbers in North America were higher than VGC estimated and the rest of the numbers were lower. VGC has been pretty good about tracking global sales to within 100k but they've been off by quite a bit the last two months for one or both consoles in US sales.

sully1311 said:

Congrats to Sony anyway, just some PR to dampen the NPD blow tomorrow. They really need to release those NPD numbers if they are close to the X1's

Is it really going to be a blow though? I mean the press and everyone knows what MS did to attain this march victory, I wouldn't say that it's going to be bad PR to lose this month.

DerNebel said:
sully1311 said:

Congrats to Sony anyway, just some PR to dampen the NPD blow tomorrow. They really need to release those NPD numbers if they are close to the X1's

Is it really going to be a blow though? I mean the press and everyone knows what MS did to attain this march victory, I wouldn't say that it's going to be bad PR to lose this month.

It will be a blow because the press won't say anything about the bundles. Guarantee it, that's why Sony have to release a figure if it is very close.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Xevross said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Turkish said:
I predicted 8m :(

You aren't serious? I predicted 7.1 - 7.2 and I'm damned pleased with myself!

Lol I predicted 7.2m :)

It says 'over' 7 million and that number is 10 days old, so I'd say 7.2 easily.

Yeah its easily 7.2 by now but I predicted 7.2 by end of march... not too far off anyway.

Good job Sony, beating anyones expectations.

Xevross said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Xevross said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Turkish said:
I predicted 8m :(

You aren't serious? I predicted 7.1 - 7.2 and I'm damned pleased with myself!

Lol I predicted 7.2m :)

It says 'over' 7 million and that number is 10 days old, so I'd say 7.2 easily.

Yeah its easily 7.2 by now but I predicted 7.2 by end of march... not too far off anyway.

So did I but what's 6 days between friends? :)

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

So did I but what's 6 days between friends? :)

Not too much

sully1311 said:
DerNebel said:

It will be a blow because the press won't say anything about the bundles. Guarantee it, that's why Sony have to release a figure if it is very close.

I don't know, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 sold like 90% of what the X1 did in March, just like the X1 did with the PS4 the month before that and I don't remember a lot of bad PR coming from that. As long as both did good, and I'm sure both had a pretty amazing march, I think it'll be fine overall.