By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, 3DS sales are bad in Japan, we need to worry about it

3DS sales are bad

DQXI, MH and Smash will help 66 43.71%

Nothing stops this train 53 35.10%

I'm crying 18 11.92%

Stock problems, nuff said 13 8.61%

Total:150

Is that combined 3DS sales or only 3DS XL?

Around the Network

2ds is already launched in japan?

tbone51 said:

Why does 3DS have to be close to DS? DS was in a free smartphone/tablet market (with psp), as vita/3DS arent. Its alot worse looking at both handhelds, and beside DS was Freaking huge, if everybody compared everything to the best, they nothing would be close. Cant expect every console to match ps2 numbers as they were Freaking Huge!!!

That said 3DS has done amazing for the first 3 years in japan, it hit 15mil in that timeframe where is GBA did that lifetime.

3DS is doing good, especially in japan where its still #1 or literally tied for it all tis year

The GBA did just under 17 million lifetime in Japan.  It won't be till late this year that the 3DS matches it.  Nintendo had also announced they'd be releasing a new handheld after it had only been out 32 months.  In comparison the 3DS has been out about 38 months now.

tbone51 said:
spemanig said:
tbone51 said:
spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

Because 2013 is better and I expect better. You don't do well one year and say "Whew. Now I can finally do shit comparitavely. THANK HOLY JESUS FOR THAT." So what if it's been out selling the Vita. It's not right now. You know what people would be saying if the Wii U outsold the PS4 for one week? They'd be saying "what the hell is the PS4 doing to sell that low? Nothing. It's doing nothing."

Thats your problem right there, you expect every year to be BETTER and BETTER. What system has straight out did this??? None

2013 was a Surperior year to all HH line ups. You cant expect something so great to be consistent especially when it did wayyyy better than on avg. 2012 was ok cuz it had some good games and less releases then 2013 delivered. You expect all nintendo's developers to just make games within a couple months or something?

2014 is good, in fact its looking much better than 2012, so i dont see where it is to complain frankly

No, your problem is that you don't expect better. If Nintendo doesn't have enough developers to keep up the pace, they need to hire more, not simply say "well what did you expect? Consistancy?" And it's NOT better than 2012. Not even close. 2014 is shit for the 3DS. And the Wii U. But especially the 3DS.

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:
spemanig said:
tbone51 said:
spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

No, your problem is that you don't expect better. If Nintendo doesn't have enough developers to keep up the pace, they need to hire more, not simply say "well what did you expect? Consistancy?" And it's NOT better than 2012. Not even close. 2014 is shit for the 3DS. And the Wii U. But especially the 3DS.

In what cuz in the US releases, i see 2014>2012 even 2014>2011 cuz all 2011 had was SM3DL+MK7 (which are indeed big, but everything else was ok)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6096781

Like i said, you expect to highly. They releases wayyyy more games on avg on 2013, if your going to complain about something, then maybe it should be toward 2013 releases that should of spread out intill 2014

Around the Network

Looks like the 3DS might not even pass the PSP, handheld gaming is fucked people.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

jonathanalis said:
2ds is already launched in japan?

No.

Badat said:

Is that combined 3DS sales or only 3DS XL?

Combined

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Adameh said:
Dem 229 Xbox 360's sold

that's more than the Wii i think. 0_o

tbone51 said:
Pavolink said:
tbone51 said:

Before i answer, how much do you expect SSB for 3DS to sell lifetime, cuz your other post makes it look like you dont think it'll sell well?

As for things you dont kno...

Nintendo about to start a huge promotion on 3DS LL starting at the end of the month

The Games: MH4G (Well Fall release), Persona Q, SSB for 3DS, Senran Kagura 2, Yoshi (minor boost), Yokai Watch 2 (2 versions of this), and any unnannounced games we haven't heard of yet

SSB: In Japan or WW? **Answer Both (also first week japan)

MH4G - IS this the first G version? If so it could sell above 1m **If stays exclusive, it can hit 2mil, so alot bigger than you think

Persona Q - 100k-150k **At first i thought the same, but it looks like its going to be much bigger than that, possibly 400k-500k lifetime

Senran Kagura - 150k **Maybe?

Yoshi - 75k **Still push hardware even if a little

Yokai 2 - Wild card **Are you crazy? This game will be massive

And more...

FW Japan - 150k

Japan LTD - 1.3M

WW LTD - 3.7M

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Honestly, as much as I love 3D, and I'm a huge 3D nut, looking at it retrospectively it might have been better if Nintendo went for a much better resolution screen, rather than a 3D one, to keep up with mobiles. Now that I'm used to high resolution screens it gets harder and harder to look at the 3DS' low res screen and not be distracted by the giant jaggies.