By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, 3DS sales are bad in Japan, we need to worry about it

3DS sales are bad

DQXI, MH and Smash will help 66 43.71%

Nothing stops this train 53 35.10%

I'm crying 18 11.92%

Stock problems, nuff said 13 8.61%

Total:150
tbone51 said:
spemanig said:
And everyone was against me when I said the 3DS' line up is shit this year compared to last year. The proof is in the pudding.

lol, wait intill summer, its still doing very well this year. It has huge games coming out

No one was saying "lol, wait until summer" for the 3DS last year. It always had huge games coming out in 2013. 2014? It's being outsold by the Vita. Shit.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
tbone51 said:
spemanig said:
And everyone was against me when I said the 3DS' line up is shit this year compared to last year. The proof is in the pudding.

lol, wait intill summer, its still doing very well this year. It has huge games coming out

Like what? A new Pokemon? DQXI? MH? Because those are huge games.

Before i answer, how much do you expect SSB for 3DS to sell lifetime, cuz your other post makes it look like you dont think it'll sell well?

As for things you dont kno...

Nintendo about to start a huge promotion on 3DS LL starting at the end of the month

The Games: MH4G (Well Fall release), Persona Q, SSB for 3DS, Senran Kagura 2, Yoshi (minor boost), Yokai Watch 2 (2 versions of this), and any unnannounced games we haven't heard of yet

tbone51 said:

Before i answer, how much do you expect SSB for 3DS to sell lifetime, cuz your other post makes it look like you dont think it'll sell well?

Nintendo about to start a huge promotion on 3DS LL starting at the end of the month

The Games: MH4G (Well Fall release), Persona Q, SSB for 3DS, Senran Kagura 2, Yoshi (minor boost), Yokai Watch 2 (2 versions of this), and any unnannounced games we haven't heard of yet

SSB: In Japan or WW?

MH4G - IS this the first G version? If so it could sell above 1m

Persona Q - 100k-150k

Senran Kagura - 150k

Yoshi - 75k

Yokai 2 - Wild card

So, aside form MH4G and Yokai...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

No one was saying "lol, wait until summer" for the 3DS last year. It always had huge games coming out in 2013. 2014? It's being outsold by the Vita. Shit.

The Fuq? Its outselling vita the entire year, and its a tie for the second time. Famitsu has 3DS>Vita but OP only put media create for some weird reason.

Stop thinking of 2013 only, it was one of the best HH lineups of all time. 2014 has alot of games as well, just not 2013 line up, why not compare it to 2011+2012 line up as well?

Mario Golf, Persona Q, Yokai Watch 2, Yoshi's New Island, and Smash Bros. releases scattered throughout the restof the year will make sure 3DS will have a good 2014. Obviously 2012/2013 were the peak, but 3-4 million this year, and 2-3 million next year before a successor arrives is not out of the question. 3DS's install base in all three major regions is already at a sufficient level for huge software sales, so even though hardware sales will never reach 2012/2013 levels again, it doesn't mean 3DS isn't a hugely successful product, particularly in Japan.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
tbone51 said:

SSB: In Japan or WW? **Answer Both (also first week japan)

MH4G - IS this the first G version? If so it could sell above 1m **If stays exclusive, it can hit 2mil, so alot bigger than you think

Persona Q - 100k-150k **At first i thought the same, but it looks like its going to be much bigger than that, possibly 400k-500k lifetime

Senran Kagura - 150k **Maybe?

Yoshi - 75k **Still push hardware even if a little

Yokai 2 - Wild card **Are you crazy? This game will be massive

And more...

tbone51 said:
spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

The Fuq? Its outselling vita the entire year, and its a tie for the second time. Famitsu has 3DS>Vita but OP only put media create for some weird reason.

Stop thinking of 2013 only, it was one of the best HH lineups of all time. 2014 has alot of games as well, just not 2013 line up, why not compare it to 2011+2012 line up as well?

Because 2013 is better and I expect better. You don't do well one year and say "Whew. Now I can finally do shit comparitavely. THANK HOLY JESUS FOR THAT." So what if it's been out selling the Vita. It's not right now. You know what people would be saying if the Wii U outsold the PS4 for one week? They'd be saying "what the hell is the PS4 doing to sell that low? Nothing. It's doing nothing."

3DS sales overall should worry Nintendo, its sales are dropping way too early in its life. I wouldn't be surprised if it posted sub 100k weeks on general basis next year, outside of the holidays of course.

Seece said:

You mean per month? :P I don't understand this sites numbers tbh. It's doing 25k~ in Japan, and 25k in Europe and US weekly, so why do we have a weekly average above 110k?? It's probably around 80k - 90k weekly.

It's sad when people who is not from Europe, US or japan are not part of the world...

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:
spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

Because 2013 is better and I expect better. You don't do well one year and say "Whew. Now I can finally do shit comparitavely. THANK HOLY JESUS FOR THAT." So what if it's been out selling the Vita. It's not right now. You know what people would be saying if the Wii U outsold the PS4 for one week? They'd be saying "what the hell is the PS4 doing to sell that low? Nothing. It's doing nothing."

Thats your problem right there, you expect every year to be BETTER and BETTER. What system has straight out did this??? None

2013 was a Surperior year to all HH line ups. You cant expect something so great to be consistent especially when it did wayyyy better than on avg. 2012 was ok cuz it had some good games and less releases then 2013 delivered. You expect all nintendo's developers to just make games within a couple months or something?

2014 is good, in fact its looking much better than 2012, so i dont see where it is to complain frankly