By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, 3DS sales are bad in Japan, we need to worry about it

3DS sales are bad

DQXI, MH and Smash will help 66 43.71%

Nothing stops this train 53 35.10%

I'm crying 18 11.92%

Stock problems, nuff said 13 8.61%

Total:150

Maybe, thats why SSB 3DS is coming first... it does need more. Most recently released game I bought was back in Oct.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network

Eh, it's last major release (for Japan) was Puzzles and Dragons last year.

NoirSon said:
Eh, it's last major release (for Japan) was Puzzles and Dragons last year.

Mario Party 286k
Kirby 547k
Dragon Quest Monsters ~770k
Harverst Moon ~200k

They aren't as big as Puzzle and Dragons, but if that is the benchmark then last year didn't have any major releases either as of week 15.  Closest would have been DQVII.

Pavolink said:

Yes. 100k per week is not as good as many expected, and that after 2DS and Pokemon. I don't think there's anything else big to be released, and I doubt smash is a big hit.

2DS isn't even out in Japan as of now. Which is the thing, Nintendo still has a few more tricks left in the bag for Japan. There are several more games and the possibility of bringing the 2DS over to Japan or making another iteration of the 3DS, like a Lite.

As of now, I'm not too worried. (Especially since everything took quite a hit from the tax fluxuation in the past week/s.)

Well, it is cause for concern - much like how the 3DS can perform better in the West
Nintendo has a few options to rejuvenate sales to excellent state again

2DS in Japan
Price cuts to the XL and normal version
Smash Bros
Youkai Watch 2
Pokemon y
monster hunter
Detective Pikachu
and whatever they have prepared for e3.

The slowing momentum is worrying, but shit can still be done.