By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who is making Super Smash Bros. 3DS and WiiU??

the_dengle said:
Short version, Sakurai, a freelance game designer, is directing a Bamco team. I don't think any Nintendo employees are involved, but I may be mistaken.

It's pretty much guaranteed that, at the very least, there are some Nintendo employees overseeing development. They have a number of "studios" responsible for this sort of oversight, specifically the SPD studios. I would also imagine that HAL would be involved in development, to some degree (much in the same role as they played in Brawl, where they coordinated development).

Around the Network
Sharu said:
Nintentacle said:

What everyone else had said. I'll just post a picture of him!

Dat long hair.

He's either a vampire, or sold his soul to devil. No way man can look like this in his 43...

He's 43?! I didn't know that. If he hasn't sold his soul, what's his secret?! 

Nintentacle said:
Sharu said:
Nintentacle said:

Dat long hair.

He's either a vampire, or sold his soul to devil. No way man can look like this in his 43...

Being Japanese

ktay95 said:
Nintentacle said:
Sharu said:
Nintentacle said:

Dat long hair.

Being Japanese

Now I'm scared to know how old Iwata is...

Well, Miamoto is 61, Iwata - 54.

Around the Network

That’s why Namco deserve a couple of character’s on the roster in my opinion, Preferably Pac-man ( since he's their mascot) and someone from either Tekken/Soulcalibur/Tales of.

So it's pretty much a Namco Bandai production, directed by Sakurai?
At least they're not tying up a first party Nintendo studio.

Collaborations like this are what Nintendo needs more of moving forward, as they don't seem capable of providing a steady stream of HD releases on their own. Hyrule Warriors is another example, with Tecmo taking the load. And of course third party exclusive deals like Bayonetta 2 and Sonic Boom.

We may see something like this from Capcom, like they did before, that is if they are still not feeling the burn Capcom gave them the last time they lent them a franchise.

That one man that created Kirby.... You probably know him!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

That one man that created Kirby.... You probably know him!

Such a cool character, such aweful games.

edit: Also just one guy?? O_O
Making all of Smash... *claps*