By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I never played a Zelda game in my life.

What do ?

Kill yourself. 112 31.37%

Buy a N64. 32 8.96%

Buy a Gamecube. 11 3.08%

Buy a Wii. 28 7.84%

Buy a WiiU. 125 35.01%

Zelda is bad, don't play it. 48 13.45%

Total:356
Pavolink said:

Do you feel proud of that atrocity? Not playing OoT? TP?

Why, yes!

I did play Minish Cap, though, since Inafune made it.

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:
Clyde32 said:

I wasn't talking about the lack of anything in Hyrule field, although that is a point marked down for it. I was talking about how the game doesn't even get good until after the third dungeon. Replaying that first part is always a pain for me. 

The game has actually aged very well. Never once, even today, have I ever wondered what is an object and what is not. Never once, have I wondered what something is. And even with the N64, Link still looks dang good in this game. 

I feel like that's an image by Project 64 emulator. But if not, then I stand corrected. But I still dislike the slow frame rate in that game when you swing your sword.

I've never had trouble with anything going slow. I find it fun how quickly you can sidestep, making it easy to stealth-assassin the moblins in the forest. 

Zelda has lost its charm. It was innovative game at past (ocarina of time). But time has passed. There are much better games now. Recent entries are showing degrading quality. Example, skyward sword. That game was very linear, villages were almost empty, no voice acting and tiring controls made it clear zelda series is out of focus. Play n64 versions (those are masterpiece) and you wont need to play any zelda after that. This game series is quite overrated now a days.

CDiablo said:

Get a Wii(one with backwards compatibility for Gamecube), you can get the compilation disks and play Zelda 1/2, Ocarina of Time and Phantom Hourglass(my favorite!). You can also play Windwaker, Four Swords, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. You will miss out on the fantastic GB/GBC and SNES games(I think the Wiiware store shut down) but you can get those if you ever get a 3DS or Wii U.

The Wii Virtual Console/WiiWare store works fine. It's the online gameplay in games that got shut down. Therefore, he could buy a Wii U if he preferred and play them on it.

novasonic said:
Dadrik said:
novasonic said:
Depends on what kind of games you like. Some are top-down view, some are 3rd person adventures, and one is mostly a 2D side scroller. Portable games are smaller in scale and have little to no focus on story. Console games tend to be very grand in scale and newer games (gamecube onwards) have a stronger focus on story than older ones did.

But really, you can't go wrong with a Zelda game. You can jump in pretty much anywhere and be happy with it.

To be honest, I love all genres of games. 

Then it probably doesn't matter where you start. They vary a lot in art style and themes/atmosphere, so I'd recommend you just watch some trailers and see what ones jump out at you.

To be honest, I watched a few videos of Majora's Mask, and I absolutely love its atmosphere. Same for Twilight Princess.

But Wind Waker looks good, and Ocarina Of Time seems to be amazing. I'll start by this one I think, and later on, when the virtual console will support N64 and GC, I'll buy a WiiU.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

Zelda has lost its charm. It was innovative game at past (ocarina of time). But time has passed. There are much better games now. Recent entries are showing degrading quality. Example, skyward sword. That game was very linear, villages were almost empty, no voice acting and tiring controls made it clear zelda series is out of focus. Play n64 versions (those are masterpiece) and you wont need to play any zelda after that. This game series is quite overrated now a days.

but Skyward sword was so much like link to the past... linear, easy...

generic-user-1 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Whoa buddy, you're treading dangerous ground there. 

generic-user-1 said:
daredevil.shark said:

It was really a fraustrating game. Controllers were broken, villages were ghost town and way too linear. The game got decent scores for being exclusive.

Clyde32 said:
generic-user-1 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Whoa buddy, you're treading dangerous ground there. 

linke to the past wasnt such a good game. sure it was cool to have zelda on the snes. but it had so big problems.. zelda is about exploring the world. the first one did that great and WW did that realy great, the n64 did that good too.  and even the (early)handheld zeldas did that okay

I haven't as well, but I'll try one of the games on the WiiU.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54