By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I never played a Zelda game in my life.

What do ?

Kill yourself. 112 31.37%

Buy a N64. 32 8.96%

Buy a Gamecube. 11 3.08%

Buy a Wii. 28 7.84%

Buy a WiiU. 125 35.01%

Zelda is bad, don't play it. 48 13.45%

Total:356
t3mporary_126 said:
Clyde32 said:
t3mporary_126 said:
Twilight Princess may be the best one because Ocarina of Time didn't age that way. I started off with Windwaker, A Link to the Past and Phantom Hourglass before Ocarina of Time on Wii's VC. The graphics are more polygonal than Super Mario 64, and Link swings his sword too damn slow compared to other 3D zeldas. It was interesting to beat it and i could see how it was good back in its day but man does the original game age horribly.

Twilight Princess is a more modern version of Ocarina of Time with much better combat gameplay. And the bosses, although incredibly easy, truly feel epic because the game looks the most realistic in the Zelda franchise. The boss are freaking huge too. This game isnt in HD, though, but if you get a Wii U, you could play in 480 P. if not, play this on your old sd tv to avoid stretching and jaggies.

*ahem* I've already made the argument for Ocarina of Time before, don't make me do it again. Twilight Princess lacked the replay value that OoT and LttP had. 

For me, replayability comes to how much do I want to erase my save file and play over the story again because of how awesome the experience was. For twilight Princess, I do this every summer when I don't have to worry about school. I will admit Hyrule field is pretty empty. But the game at least has a lot of collectibles like Poe souls and bugs and way more heart containers. You can also try to find find all the hidden skills but you can find all of them before beating the final boss.

When did you first play Ocarina of Time? At the 90s and before other 3D Zeldas? Because there is no doubt Ocarina of Time's polygonal graphics and slow frame rate has aged horribly for today's standard. The dungeon and the bosses are great. But if you can't get past the game's graphic and slow sword game play, you'll be hard pressed to finish the game unless you're a big Zelda fan.

I wasn't talking about the lack of anything in Hyrule field, although that is a point marked down for it. I was talking about how the game doesn't even get good until after the third dungeon. Replaying that first part is always a pain for me. 

The game has actually aged very well. Never once, even today, have I ever wondered what is an object and what is not. Never once, have I wondered what something is. And even with the N64, Link still looks dang good in this game. 

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
I haven't played a Zelda game for more than 20 minutes by myself. The furthest I got was the water temple in OOT but that was mainly watching my friend do it for me while I watched because I didn't understand where to go...

Zelda & Metroid are so highly rated by the Nintendo fan base but I don't care for either of them.

The Wind Waker did come bundled with my Wii U but I haven't touched it yet...should I actually try to play it?

Yes! Yes you absolutely should!!!

Clyde32 said:

I wasn't talking about the lack of anything in Hyrule field, although that is a point marked down for it. I was talking about how the game doesn't even get good until after the third dungeon. Replaying that first part is always a pain for me. 

The game has actually aged very well. Never once, even today, have I ever wondered what is an object and what is not. Never once, have I wondered what something is. And even with the N64, Link still looks dang good in this game. 

I feel like that's an image by Project 64 emulator. But if not, then I stand corrected. But I still dislike the slow frame rate in that game when you swing your sword.

Depends on what kind of games you like. Some are top-down view, some are 3rd person adventures, and one is mostly a 2D side scroller. Portable games are smaller in scale and have little to no focus on story. Console games tend to be very grand in scale and newer games (gamecube onwards) have a stronger focus on story than older ones did.

But really, you can't go wrong with a Zelda game. You can jump in pretty much anywhere and be happy with it.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

novasonic said:
Depends on what kind of games you like. Some are top-down view, some are 3rd person adventures, and one is mostly a 2D side scroller. Portable games are smaller in scale and have little to no focus on story. Console games tend to be very grand in scale and newer games (gamecube onwards) have a stronger focus on story than older ones did.

But really, you can't go wrong with a Zelda game. You can jump in pretty much anywhere and be happy with it.

To be honest, I love all genres of games. 

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network

Buy a Wii- it has TP and Skyward Sword plus several older Zelda's on the Wii e shop including OOT and Majoras Mask

The Wii u does not have a Zelda yet w no way to know when Zelda U is coming plus the wiiu eshop does not have near the Zelda library on it compared to the Wii shop

From a pure Zelda play the Wii is the way to go - plus you can get it much cheaper - I have both Wii and Wii u

With the use of a walkthrough, most experienced gamers should be able to get to the end of a Zelda game in under 10 hours. With the current state of emulators, you an easily pirate the 3rd and 4th generation Zelda games on your pc if you are not interest in spending money and do not mind breaking the law.

I you are only going to play one, I would recommend Ocarina of Time. Not because it is better than the other games, but because it the most iconic game of the series (It often appears near the top of most "best video games" lists).

Games I have Finished

http://pastebin.com/eMdjSjFc

I would buy a wii u then you can play twilight princess skyward sword and a nice new shiny wind waker hd whilst also getting ocarina of time ( highest rated game ever) 0n 3ds and albw. Then you can wait fof the zelda u e3 presentation. All equals one happy gamer man.

Most of them are pretty overrated. Wind Waker HD is especially overrated. It' funny how people hated the game back in the day and suddenly it's a godsend now.

Dadrik said:
novasonic said:

To be honest, I love all genres of games. 

Then it probably doesn't matter where you start. They vary a lot in art style and themes/atmosphere, so I'd recommend you just watch some trailers and see what ones jump out at you.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m