By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I never played a Zelda game in my life.

What do ?

Kill yourself. 112 31.37%

Buy a N64. 32 8.96%

Buy a Gamecube. 11 3.08%

Buy a Wii. 28 7.84%

Buy a WiiU. 125 35.01%

Zelda is bad, don't play it. 48 13.45%

Total:356

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably get a WiiU then, but I'll wait fot another price drop, I think.

Also, there's no "compilation disk" where I live.

I'll buy OoT 3DS to begin with.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network
CDiablo said:

Get a Wii(one with backwards compatibility for Gamecube), you can get the compilation disks and play Zelda 1/2, Ocarina of Time and Phantom Hourglass(my favorite!). You can also play Windwaker, Four Swords, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. You will miss out on the fantastic GB/GBC and SNES games(I think the Wiiware store shut down) but you can get those if you ever get a 3DS or Wii U.

*reported*  Unless you meant Majora's Mask.

Do you really hate Phantom Hourglass that much ? It's not a masterpiece, but it's still a good game... I think ?

Dadrik said:
Do you really hate Phantom Hourglass that much ? It's not a masterpiece, but it's still a good game... I think ?

it's everything that's wrong in a Zelda game. Once you play Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past you will hate Phantom hourglass with a passion.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

If you own a 3DS then you have access to Ocarina of Time and A Link Between Worlds.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network

Wind Waker is my favourite Zelda, maybe even my most favourite game of all time.

One of the best choices might be to buy a Wii. It should be cheap to buy a used one nowadays, and via virtual console or whatever, you should be able to play all Zelda games released on NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii.

And if you don't care about doing something illegal, you can simply download these games from the internet and play them from a USB stick, use the Wii as a Media Player etc. It's quite simple and doesn't cost a penny.

WOW.................... Just crawled out of your cave huh.
But seriously, I still love the original The Legend Of Zelda on NES.....
It just has a special place in my heart............... I say experience it from the beginning, then you can choose any other from its history.

I'm 100% confident that A Link to the Past is the absolute best point of start for the series.
And I wouldn't begin with Ocarina of Time. I've beaten it recently and it's not the "best game ever", by a long shot. I'm yet to find someone who played it in recent times and agrees that it's GOAT material - only people who played at the time seem to think that.

Ok... i am gonna assume you have a bit of an alergy towards playing very old games nowadays, like most of us do (even though some us lived that time, its mostly nostalgia that keeps us with these games, but nowadays its easy to spot flaws).

So, here is what i recommend:

Do you have a 3DS? If yes, get Ocarina of Time 3D and A link between worlds.

Do you have a Wii U? If yes you can get the Wind Waker HD and if you dont mind the graphics, Twilight princess and Skyward sword (Wii backwards compatible). You might need a wii mote bought separatly.

The ones i recommend the most are the 2 3DS ones and the Wind waker HD on Wii U. The next zelda is coming out for it aswell and we are expecting it to be sweet.

Forget the others... while they are good for their respective times, chances are they will bore you and you wont finish them. Focus on the modern cream of the crop i recommended.

sabastian said:
WOW.................... Just crawled out of your cave huh.
But seriously, I still love the original The Legend Of Zelda on NES.....
It just has a special place in my heart............... I say experience it from the beginning, then you can choose any other from its history.

I never owned a Nintendo home console, that's why.

Please don't hurt me.