By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Commodore 64 Classics coming to the Wii's VC (EU Only)

Damn my crabmulator just broke I can't play PSI 5 :(.

Around the Network

It's not April 1st. Hmm, maybe that's true. Incredible!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

jimbo said:

The java applet on that site works for me.

this is FUGGIN AWESOME, I hope they release Spellbound for the Wii, I'd pay 100 bucks for that game.

Don't know if I will be able to buy my whole C64 collection again 750 x 5€ = 3750€.

Now the VC needs keyboard support.

Or a wireless...

Nahhh! The nunchuck can do the job.

Only Gameboy and Mega-CD missing from my timeline in the VC :D

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Neeeeed.

Moar.

C64!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

does this come complete with the ability to have your games fail to load half of the time just for authenticity?

Me said:
does this come complete with the ability to have your games fail to load half of the time just for authenticity?

This just in:

The Wii's new external storage solution will be a cassette drive. XD

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

stranne said:
jimbo said:

The java applet on that site works for me.

It was an inside joke about some of the useless ship parts that would break that you didn't need to fix.  I really want this game on the VC.  It had a great mix of strategy and fun the music was very good to.

vc-review's take on it. They aren't happy about the price:

http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/2008/02/commodore_64_coming_to_virtual_console

Commodore 64 coming to Virtual Console

Thu, 21 Feb 2008 - By Dazza

Virtual C64 coming soon

Regular readers will remember that quite some time ago we reported on C64 games coming to the VC. We ended up with egg on our face as it turned out to be some sort of mistake on Nintendo's Norwegian website and no more details about this ever materialised.

It is now the turn of Nintendo's Finnish site to break the news about C64 games coming to the VC as you can see here.

The first releases look like they will be International Karate and Uridium which are priced at 500 points each. No dates have been set yet by the looks of it but it all looks "official".

According to the information available at the moment these gaming classics will only be available in the European Wii Shop Channel, at least for now.

Whilst the prospect of replaying some of the classic home computer games of our childhoods does appeal. Nintendo have to be drinking Grandma's cough medicine to expect gamers to pay the same price as an NES game to download them.

Here are some recent industry quotes on the subject:

Bala Keilman, CEO of Commodore Gaming: “The massive impact the Commodore 64 had on video-gaming is still evident today with many gamers remembering the computer and its games with great fondness. By working with Nintendo of Europe, we are ensuring that future generations of gamers can play some of the best and most popular titles that kick-started the computer games revolution and so keep the C64 legacy in gamers hearts.”

Laurent Fischer, Managing Director of European Marketing & PR of Nintendo Europe: “We are extremely pleased to be working with Commodore Gaming to provide even more retro hits for Wii owners to choose from on Virtual Console. With over 184 classic titles now available to enjoy, Virtual Console on Wii is a great way for users to access a breadth of classic retro games. We hope that this great choice of games will bring nostalgia to our gaming fans, while an entirely new generation of video game players can experience a host of classic games for the very first time.”

Source: Nintendo Finland