By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do people act like MK & SSB is all the Wii U has?

greencactaur said:
Pretty much cause they are. X/B2 are not as heavy hitting, but those are the only four games coming up for WiiU in the next 2 years.

You are helping my point so thank you :)

do you honestly believe what you said?

Around the Network
greencactaur said:
Pretty much cause they are. X/B2 are not as heavy hitting, but those are the only four games coming up for WiiU in the next 2 years.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

greencactaur said:

You need to check your facts dude

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

*Sound Of Rain said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said: 

All the games that aren't mk8 or ssb are basically buffering games in between releases

The past two generations has had a dominating console and then two fighting for 2nd place. The general consensus (based on early numbers) is that the PS4 will be that system this gen. If this is true, while the multi-platform games will surely help the XBO, they won't help as much as they helped the XB360. most people who want those games will pick the PS4. 

If this is true, aren't the multi-platform games also "buffering games" between the big releases for the XBO? 

Just wondering why people count every little thing XBO gets as a pro but for the Wii U, unless it's of MK or Smash magnitude, it doesn't count.

The simplest explanation I think is that considering that the XBone seems to be doing better than WiiU at it's base sales level all the XBO needs to do is maintain the sales it currently has which can plausibly be done with a plethora of smaller titles while the WiiU is in a more difficult position if it wants to compete with XBOne and instead needs a larger push.  And the only games thought to possibly give this larger push are the two games mentioned.  

Boutros said:

I don't understand your point. What other games are coming out for the Wii U?

People act like Mario Kart and SSB are all the Wii U has because it is all the Wii U has. We can't speak about unannounced titles.

I don't see Bayonetta 2 moving any more consoles than Tropical Freeze.

That's true. Yet, when Nintendo says they have NFC games and stuff to show at E3, we should know that we can expect more. Just like we can expect the annual COD or Assassins Creed game.

My point is, people act as if they are literally the only 2 games that will release for Wii U this year when we all known that it's not true. Yet, we act like the PS4 and XBO will have huge Holidays based off of what we expect to happen. It has to work both ways or people are being biased.

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:

Also, in every thread that pits the Wii U and XBO against each other, people bring up bundles and a price cut this Holiday as advantages for the XBO. How? Do people not expect bundles and /or a price cut from Nintendo?

It's already the cheapest 8th gen console. A price cut would help sales but not that much IMO.

And it would surely not help Nintendo

Honestly, Nintendo has been so quiet about every other game that it wouldn't surprise me if they were all delayed until 2015. Not one game that was announced last year to originally be releasing in 2014 has been released yet, and the only one with a solid release date is Mario Kart 8. Smash may very well come out in 2015 now as well.

Sonic Boom has no launch window outside of "2014." X has no real name or launch window outside of "2014." Bayonetta doesn't have a launch window outside of "2014." Hyrule Warriors has no launch window outside of "2014." Yarn Yoshi has no real name, launch window outside of "2014," or gameplay footage. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem has no real name, launch window outside of "2014," game play footage, or even a fucking screen shot. 99% of the indie games that were supposed to be released already this year have been delayed and aren't out yet. The Wii U's 3rd party support is terrible and the Wii U's biggest 3rd party multiplat, Watch_Dogs, was delays until the fall. We don't even know the official names for many of the games coming out this year.

MK & SSB may as well be all that the Wii U has. That's all this year really has.

Because those are the main 2 franchises that'll sell. You'll notice that historically, even on the Wii-U, pretty much all of Nintendo's exclusives outside their biggest (ex. Wonderful 101, never sell well. It's games like Zelda, MK, SSB, etc. that push their overall console sales.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Torillian said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said: 

All the games that aren't mk8 or ssb are basically buffering games in between releases

The past two generations has had a dominating console and then two fighting for 2nd place. The general consensus (based on early numbers) is that the PS4 will be that system this gen. If this is true, while the multi-platform games will surely help the XBO, they won't help as much as they helped the XB360. most people who want those games will pick the PS4. 

If this is true, aren't the multi-platform games also "buffering games" between the big releases for the XBO? 

Just wondering why people count every little thing XBO gets as a pro but for the Wii U, unless it's of MK or Smash magnitude, it doesn't count.

The simplest explanation I think is that considering that the XBone seems to be doing better than WiiU at it's base sales level all the XBO needs to do is maintain the sales it currently has which can plausibly be done with a plethora of smaller titles while the WiiU is in a more difficult position if it wants to compete with XBOne and instead needs a larger push.  And the only games thought to possibly give this larger push are the two games mentioned.  

This.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Torillian said:

Best answer in the thread and it makes sense. 

Thank you.