By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Banned Sony's Shuhei Yoshida From Miiverse Twice

I got warned once for saying "Screw this level!" in DKC: TF, the mods there are waaay too strict. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

It's like Nazi Germany over at Miiverse. One toe out of line and you're out of there.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Ka-pi96 said:
WTF banned for expressing affection for Playstation? That's taking it way too far.

Think of it as being banned for expressing affection for "products and services with no relevance in Miiverse discussion", rather. It'd be like if he was banned for advocating Clorox Bleach.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Conegamer said:
Moderators are way too strict, to be fair. This just seems pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

I was moderated for saying there was a "secret exit" in a ghost house in NSMBU. Apparently that's a spoiler.

whaaaat!?

i thought half the point of the service was to give gamers a chance to talk about games and help each other out.   remember the marketing video of that guy failing to defeat some boss and then getting some other guy on video chat to see how to beat the boss.    getting moderated just for saying "secret exit" seems extrodinarily extreeme to me.

Ka-pi96 said:
Mr Khan said:
Ka-pi96 said:
WTF banned for expressing affection for Playstation? That's taking it way too far.

Think of it as being banned for expressing affection for "products and services with no relevance in Miiverse discussion", rather. It'd be like if he was banned for advocating Clorox Bleach.

I could understand banning blatant advertising but just for liking something seems really harsh. Should it really be ban worthy to say something like 'I like Coca-Cola'?

Due to the broad-but-shallow basis for Miiverse (everyone with a Wii U or 3DS and a network connection is a member, but it is difficult to form stronger underlying communities), it is necessary to clamp down on potential shilling because you don't have a chance to get to know people. Like sites like VGC, with a small core (maybe 500 of us or so?) of regular users, about 200 or so of which do the majority of the posting, it's much easier to look at someone who just has a passion for a product, and someone who's just shilling.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I would like to know more about his Miiverse activities.

I think it s great that they keep Mii verse a commercial free safe place for the family- Don t we have enough forums available on the internet for everything else?

Mr Khan said:
animegaming said:
the miiverse mods are way to strict when it comes to promoting things like facebook, youtube, and twitter.

It makes sense, in a way. You don't want the place infiltrated by shills (insert snarky comment about how there's nobody to shill to, blah blah blah)

I agree 100%    Ther are not many safe places onlie for kids and I appreciate not having to deal w spam etc too

Anytime i want to to see the "wilder side" of the internet it is always available

Nintendo is so full of shit.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

I see Pro Sony and Microsoft on there all the time, though. Hell, I post a lot of it. Never had anything happen. I even said that the PS3/360 versions of Black Ops II had 3D and the Wii U version didn't. I say stuff like that all of the time without repercussion. This is actually the first time I've seen Nintendo react on this.

I got in trouble for posting my PSN ID/Gamertag (which is also my Nintendo Network ID) and a couple of other things and since somebody has been reporting any comment I make about a game as a "Spoiler" my Miiverse activity has dropped considerably. Still was a great place with a fun community, though.