By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Banned Sony's Shuhei Yoshida From Miiverse Twice

NINTENDO BANNED SONY’S SHUHEI YOSHIDA FROM MIIVERSE TWICE

Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida has revealed that he was banned from Miiverse a couple of times. Yoshida, who leads the firm’s PlayStation sector, violated the Miiverse code of conduct by promoting his Twitter handle – @yosp – and by expressing his affection for the PlayStation brand. The Sony executive previously confirmed that he owns two Wii U consoles.

“The first time was because I had my Twitter account in my profile and that’s against the rules,” Yoshida said. “The second time is because I wrote, ‘I love PS.’ You’re not supposed to promote a commercial product in MiiVerse, so they correctly interpreted ‘PS’ as PlayStation.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/04/13/nintendo-banned-sonys-shuhei-yoshida-from-miiverse-twice/

Around the Network

I demand free speech for Miiverse! :P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

and the problem here is?

Haha! This is hilarious. I wonder if the MiiVerse mods knew who they were banning. Rules are rules and you have to follow no matter who you are :)

the miiverse mods are way to strict when it comes to promoting things like facebook, youtube, and twitter.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
and the problem here is?

That you find a need to ask this question.

Seriously just posting some funny news, dont get all defensive about it =P

animegaming said:
the miiverse mods are way to strict when it comes to promoting things like facebook, youtube, and twitter.

That's why I allow my kids onto Miiverse and nowhere else.

Hedra42 said:
That's why I allow my kids onto Miiverse and nowhere else.

Yeah, gotta keep the evil Sony away from your kids. If you let them on the internet they wouldnt last a day before becoming a Sony fanboy =P

So do I get banned if I promote a commercial product that belongs to Nintendo?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
So do I get banned if I promote a commercial product that belongs to Nintendo?

Of course, Nintendo wouldnt dare bend the rules now would they