By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Watch Dogs Wii U Version Release Windows Pushed to Fall 2014

Hedra42 said:
Zero999 said:
pezus said:
Zero999 said:

bolded: terrible conclusion. they shouldn't take resources out of the wii u version and release all versions at the same time. simple math would put it in june or july.

Let me see that math

other versions + wii u resources = wii u delayed and others on may.

each version with it's own original resources = all versions slightly later than the may 27 we got = june or july.

*Has a strange sense of deja-vu*

OK, so you're saying that if they left the Wii U developers doing what they're doing, they could have had it finished by June or July, and the other versions would have been delayed until June or July so everything is released at the same time. So you claim that the Wii U version would have been done in an extra 2 months.

So can you explain how borrowing the Wii U developers for 2 months increases the Wii U versions dev time for another 6 months until the autumn? 

That doesn't make sense.

Why would Ubi risk announcing a SECOND delay for ALL versions, especially since the first delay announcement was so damaging? Source

(Edited to add) QUOTE Zero999 - "other versions of watch dogs will release in may because they are using wii u's resources. without then, they would release slightly later, with the wii u version simultaneously."

And how did you calculate that the Wii U version was only 1 to 2 months away from completion anyway?

Where's your source on that?

resources from the wii u version were taken away several months before the date of may 27. when the other versions get released, the wii u version will have to make up for the lost time and only release several months later. if everyone was working with their original version, all of them would release simultaneously a little later than may 27.

bolded: ALL VERSIONS would be delayed if they released after june. it's not about others. it was ubisoft's job to manage it's resources and release everything on time. it's their problem if they delayed it from november to "spring" and still couldn't finish.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Hedra42 said:
Zero999 said:

each version with it's own original resources = all versions slightly later than the may 27 we got = june or july.

OK, so you're saying that if they left the Wii U developers doing what they're doing, they could have had it finished by June or July, and the other versions would have been delayed until June or July so everything is released at the same time. So you claim that the Wii U version would have been done in an extra 2 months.

So can you explain how borrowing the Wii U developers for 2 months increases the Wii U versions dev time for another 6 months until the autumn? 

That doesn't make sense.

Why would Ubi risk announcing a SECOND delay for ALL versions, especially since the first delay announcement was so damaging? Source

(Edited to add) QUOTE Zero999 - "other versions of watch dogs will release in may because they are using wii u's resources. without then, they would release slightly later, with the wii u version simultaneously."

And how did you calculate that the Wii U version was only 1 to 2 months away from completion anyway?

resources from the wii u version were taken away several months before the date of may 27. when the other versions get released, the wii u version will have to make up for the lost time and only release several months later. if everyone was working with their original version, all of them would release simultaneously a little later than may 27.

bolded: ALL VERSIONS would be delayed if they released after june. it's not about others. it was ubisoft's job to manage it's resources and release everything on time. it's their problem if they delayed it from november to "spring" and still couldn't finish.

"resources from the wii u version were taken away several months before the date of may 27."

Bolded - How many months specifically?

" if everyone was working with their original version, all of them would release simultaneously a little later than may 27."

Second time of asking - where's your source?

Even if you can prove your claim is factual, it doesn't change the fact that they were ALL delayed from November until Spring due to unforseen circumstancesNor does it change the fact that This  happened when they announced said delay. Click on it, read it, and make sure you understand it before even trying to argue.

Once you read understand what those consequences meant, you will see why they managed their resources (i.e., borrowed Wii U developers time) to prevent something like that from happening again.

Now read This and understand the unpredictable nature of game development and accept that there can be unforseen circumstances that produce delays.

And then read This and understand the challenges their Bucharest team faced.

Now consider this statement from Ubisoft but ONLY after reading all the other links: “We made the difficult decision to further delay the release of Watch Dogs on Wii U to focus the team’s resources where they could have the broadest possible benefit for both our customers and Ubisoft” Source

Unless you do all of the above, you will never understand why Ubisoft needed to make the difficult decision to deliver as much as they can while minimising risk to themselves, in the face of unforseen circumstances.

These are the facts and sources that underpin my argument. As for your claims above, they, and any argument you base on them remain irrelevant unless you can provide any sources to back them up.

The OP is giving us good news, considering only a month ago, there was doubt that Watch Dogs for Wii U would make 2014. And if you still want to rant about Ubi's 'disgusting' behaviour, I suggest you continue on in Slarvax's thread although to be honest, I thought everyone had done with it, there.

vkaraujo said:

Wait, this is going to launch 6 months after the PC/PSONE/PS360 versions and at the same time that Smash Bros???
Damn, you'd think they learned something from their Rayman launching at the same tima that GTA V, but doesn't look so...
Just don't complain when it sells 10k Ubisoft.

I plan to get it, but their timing is just awful

um no? it clearly says fall 2014 while smash is winter

Hedra42 said:
Zero999 said:
Hedra42 said:
Zero999 said:

That doesn't make sense.

"resources from the wii u version were taken away several months before the date of may 27."

" if everyone was working with their original version, all of them would release simultaneously a little later than may 27."

Even if you can prove your claim is factual, it doesn't change the fact that they were ALL delayed from November until Spring due to unforseen circumstancesNor does it change the fact that This  happened when they announced said delay. Click on it, read it, and make sure you understand it before even trying to argue.

Once you read understand what those consequences meant, you will see why they managed their resources (i.e., borrowed Wii U developers time) to prevent something like that from happening again.

Now read This and understand the unpredictable nature of game development and accept that there can be unforseen circumstances that produce delays.

Now consider this statement from Ubisoft but ONLY after reading all the other links: “We made the difficult decision to further delay the release of Watch Dogs on Wii U to focus the team’s resources where they could have the broadest possible benefit for both our customers and Ubisoft” Source

Unless you do all of the above, you will never understand why Ubisoft needed to make the difficult decision to deliver as much as they can while minimising risk to themselves, in the face of unforseen circumstances.

These are the facts and sources that underpin my argument. As for your claims above, they, and any argument you base on them remain irrelevant unless you can provide any sources to back them up.

The OP is giving us good news, considering only a month ago, there was doubt that Watch Dogs for Wii U would make 2014. And if you still want to rant about Ubi's 'disgusting' behaviour, I suggest you continue on in Slarvax's thread although to be honest, I thought everyone had done with it, there.

Damn! but i doubt he'll read

oniyide said:

Damn! but i doubt he'll read

Oh well...

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Just cancelled it please. This is just disgraceful. No one is going to buy it.

Except the 4 or 5 Wii U owners that still care about this game.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Hedra42 said:

they announced the delay a while ago, at least 3 months before may 27.

my source is math.

and it was indeed a difficult decision. it's so stupid that it's difficult for a company to be idiot enough to make.

Zero999 said:

my source is math.

and it was indeed a difficult decision. it's so stupid that it's difficult for a company to be idiot enough to make.

You didn't answer the questions.

How many months specifically were the Wii U developers borrowed for? You've said that the delay was announced 3 months before May 27, but that doesn't necessarily tell us how long the Wii U developers were borrowed for.

Third time of asking - where's your source that if everyone was working with their original version, all of them would release simultaneously a little later than May 27? Your source can't be your math, because you have no figures. Walk me through some figures, and tell me where you got them from.

I am assuming that by your final comment, you didn't read or at least didn't understand any of the links I posted for you. Did you actually read and understand them?

Until you've answered those questions, there's nothing supporting anything you've said in this thread (or the other one for that matter) so far. Just be thankful the game looks like it's coming out this side of Christmas.

I'm not sure if it is funny or sad watching companies hurt their own reputation.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Hedra42 said:
Zero999 said:

my source is math.

You didn't answer the questions.

How many months specifically were the Wii U developers borrowed for? You've said that the delay was announced 3 months before May 27, but that doesn't necessarily tell us how long the Wii U developers were borrowed for.

Third time of asking - where's your source that if everyone was working with their original version, all of them would release simultaneously a little later than May 27? Your source can't be your math, because you have no figures. Walk me through some figures, and tell me where you got them from.

I am assuming that by your final comment, you didn't read or at least didn't understand any of the links I posted for you. Did you actually read and understand them?

Until you've answered those questions, there's nothing supporting anything you've said in this thread (or the other one for that matter) so far. Just be thankful the game looks like it's coming out this side of Christmas.

go back to the "x people take x hours to build a wall" example and think a little.

and thankfull is the last thing one should be in this situation.