By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Watch Dogs Wii U Version Release Windows Pushed to Fall 2014

zippy said:
oniyide said:
Lets be real this was going to be the worst selling version...but with the extra time they can make something really special with the pad, so if you were dead set on buying the Wii u version whats a couple of months?

Im a Wii U only owner so im happy just to have the chance to play this game, so any release date is better than no release at all. Hopefully it runs well enough, and as you said, has some interesting gamepad implementation. Im quite fond of Ubisoft, i think their support for Wii U has been very good all things considered.

I agree w you 100%     IF it was not for Ubi the Wii U library would have no diversity and the droughts would have been even worse-

I don t understand why any Wii U owner would critisize Ubisoft as they have been supporting the Wii U (and losing money doing so i am sure) when most 3rd party Devs have not at all-    IMO Ubi has supported the Wii u every bit as much as Nintendo to date

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Just cancelled it please. This is just disgraceful. No one is going to buy it.

I am going to buy it-  and why on earth would you insult one of the only 3rd party deves that has supported the Wi U?

Even Nintendo chose to release Smash Bros on the 3DS ahead of the Wiii U -  why isn t it logical for a 3rd party to do the same? 

Oh nice, I think that's a good time. I'm looking forward to it. I hope it is not later or Ubisoft cancels it.

And come on guys, you know that a 28th May release would be stupid on the Wii U^^

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

pezus said:
Zero999 said:

other versions + wii u resources = wii u delayed and others on may.

each version with it's own original resources = all versions slightly later than the may 27 we got = june or july.

You know math is a study of numbers, right?

what's the difference between what I said and stuff like: 6 people take 1 day to build a wall, how long would 9 people take to build the same wall?

other versions of watch dogs will release in may because they are using wii u's resources. without then, they would release slightly later, with the wii u version simultaneously.

Forget this game, I've lost interest.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

an example of what a conpany SHOULDN'T DO.

go tell that to nintendo then, since they basically did the same thing with smash. 

Zero999 said:
pezus said:
Zero999 said:

bolded: terrible conclusion. they shouldn't take resources out of the wii u version and release all versions at the same time. simple math would put it in june or july.

Let me see that math

other versions + wii u resources = wii u delayed and others on may.

each version with it's own original resources = all versions slightly later than the may 27 we got = june or july.

*Has a strange sense of deja-vu*

OK, so you're saying that if they left the Wii U developers doing what they're doing, they could have had it finished by June or July, and the other versions would have been delayed until June or July so everything is released at the same time. So you claim that the Wii U version would have been done in an extra 2 months.

So can you explain how borrowing the Wii U developers for 2 months increases the Wii U versions dev time for another 6 months until the autumn? 

That doesn't make sense.

Why would Ubi risk announcing a SECOND delay for ALL versions, especially since the first delay announcement was so damaging? Source

(Edited to add) QUOTE Zero999 - "other versions of watch dogs will release in may because they are using wii u's resources. without then, they would release slightly later, with the wii u version simultaneously."

And how did you calculate that the Wii U version was only 1 to 2 months away from completion anyway?

Where's your source on that?

Wait, this is going to launch 6 months after the PC/PSONE/PS360 versions and at the same time that Smash Bros???
Damn, you'd think they learned something from their Rayman launching at the same tima that GTA V, but doesn't look so...
Just don't complain when it sells 10k Ubisoft.

I plan to get it, but their timing is just awful

pezus said:
Zero999 said:

what's the difference between what I said and stuff like: 6 people take 1 day to build a wall, how long would 9 people take to build the same wall?

other versions of watch dogs will release in may because they are using wii u's resources. without then, they would release slightly later, with the wii u version simultaneously.

The difference is that the example above has actual numbers while your earlier one had none.

All right, let's say you're correct about that. I still don't see the point. You would still be delaying all versions for a single version that would sell the worst by far, no matter what Ubisoft did. Come on, man. Devs aren't abandoning WiiU because they hate Nintendo...

it's not a delay if you never give a specific date and it wouldn't be for any version in particular, they'd simply be ready at about the same time. you can't say it would be the worst selling version unless you have a crystal ball and it's still a petty excuse to the inexcusable. they turned a version that could sell very well into a version that will sell like shit, pissed a lot of people (again) and didn't get anything in return.

it was wrong and disgusting for them, there's no way to justify ubisoft's move.

Current third party sales on PS4, XB1, 360, PS3 and WiiU show us exactly how each sku would sell.

WiiU would have sold the least and therefore isn't a priority. This is going to be their new big franchise this gen, they need to make sure it debuts as smoothly as possible on XB1 and PS4 especially, those are going to be the platforms the sequels sell 4m+ on like AC ect, not a couple hundred k like AC and other third party games have done on WiiU.