By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Watch Dogs Wii U Version Release Windows Pushed to Fall 2014

Clyde32 said:
Hibern81 said:
The more I think about it I think Ubisoft was smart not to release it with the other versions considering most WiiU owners will be enthralled with Mario Kart 8 at that time. That being said I really hope they use the Gamepad to its potential. So many possibilities for a game like this. Also, please don't insult us with a $59.99 retail price.

I think they are actually waiting for Mario Kart to boost Wii U sales. 

I think it could be both. Notice they announce a fall release after Nintendo announced a winter release for SSB. Ubisoft definitely does not want to put their games up against Nintendo's first party titles.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
toot1231 said:
Why is it delayed in the first place..
These company's have shady deals going on with wii u games then they are surprised when they dont sell.

Agreed. SOmething odd going on with WB too. Be it blackmail, purposeful lack of cooperation by these companies because Nintendo won't scale down their successful 1st party development of games, or maybe they are so used to PS and MS rolling over for them and they penalize Nintendo for not following suit?

my bet is on the bolded. it's also terrible that they don't show the wii u logo on comercials for those games and then complain it didn't sell. creating awareness for the mass market is like the most important part of marketing.

oniyide said:
Lets be real this was going to be the worst selling version...but with the extra time they can make something really special with the pad, so if you were dead set on buying the Wii u version whats a couple of months?

it's amazing how you keep defending the inexcusable. so you think it would be ok if it were any of the other versions instead? or even better, release a single version on may and delay all others? no one would be pissed in those scenarios because they were "dead set on buying that version", right?

Going by the Assasin's Creed games the wii u version will be piss poor and probably damaging to the wii u if it fails to match 360 and PS3 performance. This is not a game that should work well on wii u. It's bound to be CPU intensive. I think the PC version actually has high cpu requirements but doesn't require a state of the art graphics card.

The wii u delay is probably trying to optimise the game to get reasonable frame rates on wii u.

As I said previously Ubisoft are probably waiting to see how mario kart performs and if it fails to do the business they will probably abandon the wii u.

It better be early fall 2014.

Around the Network

By the time it comes out it will be $60, well the rest will be $30 to $40. Who would want a game that has some second screen stuff versus better looking and playing versions that will definitely have more content in them. Cancel this. I already cancelled my preorder on amazon. When I get it that will be on ps4.

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Lets be real this was going to be the worst selling version...but with the extra time they can make something really special with the pad, so if you were dead set on buying the Wii u version whats a couple of months?

it's amazing how you keep defending the inexcusable. so you think it would be ok if it were any of the other versions instead? or even better, release a single version on may and delay all others? no one would be pissed in those scenarios because they were "dead set on buying that version", right?

Yes yes and yes. Are they supposed to wait till the fall to release all versions? That would be stupid you dont sacrifice the many for the one. That would be terrible buisness, no matter what system. release a single version? they are not doing that not sure where you are pulling that from. No they shouldnt be pissed, if you were going to get...whatever version what differences does it make in the end? If your heart is set out on the WIi U version i could only assume that you ONLY have a Wii U to play it, now if that is not the case, stop the tears buy one of the others that come out or wait till the fall, that goes for anyone

oniyide said:

Yes yes and yes. Are they supposed to wait till the fall to release all versions? That would be stupid you dont sacrifice the many for the one. That would be terrible buisness, no matter what system. release a single version? they are not doing that not sure where you are pulling that from. No they shouldnt be pissed, if you were going to get...whatever version what differences does it make in the end? If your heart is set out on the WIi U version i could only assume that you ONLY have a Wii U to play it, now if that is not the case, stop the tears buy one of the others that come out or wait till the fall, that goes for anyone

bolded: terrible conclusion. they shouldn't take resources out of the wii u version and release all versions at the same time. simple math would put it in june or july.

Pavolink said:
Anfebious said:
They will keep pushing the game further and further until the release date is Fall of 2034.

Better cancel it. OH, they will do it, maybe.

While I agree in almost everything you say, even in this occasion, your pessimism makes me sad :( I hope Ubisoft releases the game, doesn't matter if it's going to sell almost nothing. (With 150K copies sold you can fill up the Aztec Stadium, so it's not that bad), I really want the Wii U version, but if they cancel it, which is possible, I will buy it on 360, I feel that last gen version are still looking good and with good framerate.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

It's the wise thing to do, glad they're concentrating on the XB1/PS4/PC version as I don't want them gimped.

I am surprised they havn't cancelled the WiiU verison tho, is there any point bringing out 6 months after the other versions??

It was going to sell the least on WiiU by a big margin anyway, let alone now.