By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Watch Dogs Wii U Version Release Windows Pushed to Fall 2014

I hope they´re working on some Gamepad functions for this game.

As much of the gameplay is related to the use of the smartphone, it would be great to manipulate its menus using the touchscreen rather than pausing the game.

If that´s the case then maybe the delay will be worth the wait.

Around the Network

Its sooner than I expected actually! I was thinking for winter 2014 (thats december 2014 for anyone thats confused)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Pavolink said:
Anfebious said:
They will keep pushing the game further and further until the release date is Fall of 2034.

Better cancel it. OH, they will do it, maybe.

Ubisoft should actually listen to you, Pavolink!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

oniyide said:
Lets be real this was going to be the worst selling version...but with the extra time they can make something really special with the pad, so if you were dead set on buying the Wii u version whats a couple of months?

Im a Wii U only owner so im happy just to have the chance to play this game, so any release date is better than no release at all. Hopefully it runs well enough, and as you said, has some interesting gamepad implementation. Im quite fond of Ubisoft, i think their support for Wii U has been very good all things considered.

Hibern81 said:
The more I think about it I think Ubisoft was smart not to release it with the other versions considering most WiiU owners will be enthralled with Mario Kart 8 at that time. That being said I really hope they use the Gamepad to its potential. So many possibilities for a game like this. Also, please don't insult us with a $59.99 retail price.

I think they are actually waiting for Mario Kart to boost Wii U sales. 

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:
I hope they´re working on some Gamepad functions for this game.

As much of the gameplay is related to the use of the smartphone, it would be great to manipulate its menus using the touchscreen rather than pausing the game.

If that´s the case then maybe the delay will be worth the wait.

That's why they delayed it, so they can use the Wii U to it's fullest. 

Talal said:
I don't get the "they should just cancel it" comments. There are Wii U owners that still want the game. Why do you want to deny them the game?

Do you not know people? It's called greed, spite and generally being discusting.

an example of what a conpany SHOULDN'T DO.

AZWification said:
Pavolink said:
Anfebious said:
They will keep pushing the game further and further until the release date is Fall of 2034.

If they have listened, you should have played Rayman Legends one year ago.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
AZWification said:
Pavolink said:
Anfebious said:

If they have listened, you should have played Rayman Legends one year ago.

Had EA not dropped support for the Wii U, Rayman Legends would have been an exclusive wii u game that would have launched early 2013. Wii U would not have had a dry spell, and the PS4 might not have passed the Wii U by now.