By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's 1st party multiplayer fail

Well I certainly agree with the title but I am lost on your reasoning.

Why so focused on mp??? Naughty Dog and sucker punch have more than delivered for sony. There other studios are a mess and the fate of Order is unknown as of now but they are no worse off than othef companies.

Around the Network
NYCrysis said:

Where is Sony's BIG Studio. And BIG Budget game. 

While Microsoft has had Gears and Halo with thriving mp communities and huge budgets and dev. 

The Last Of Us failed in mp 

No to all of the above.   

1) Big studios suck.  You end up with 10 devs and 9000 bureaucrats and investors in suits demanding unsustainable growth models and you get rehashed mainstream garbage like Call of Duty and Angry Birds and devs complaining they need more than 10 billion preorders to break even.

Oh and crap like “paying 99 cents to get Mario to jump just a little higher”

2) So... go play Gears of War and Halo and Call of Duty then if you love them so much.  Quit trying to turn everything else into these 3 games, these old tired macho chest beating nut sac grabbing dude bro jerk off fest  "zomg m0ar realiztic mad tyte nades and spolisions DUDE!!!" crap.  This is exactly why Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, and numerous other once top of the world beloved franchises completely suck now.

3) The Last of Us is a single player game.  Stop shoehorning stupid competitive online versus epeen mode to everything.  Not everything has to be multiplayer online dick wanking FFS.  If games like The Last of Us should have ANY online multiplayer at ALL it should be a co-op story mode where the second player replaces the AI.

All the things you seem to want are the very things destroying gaming.  Go back into your basement and play some COD or UFC or Madden bro and leave the rest of us out of it.

I'll keep supporting Namco, Atlus, Naughty Dog, etc.  You go right ahead and and get down with your bad EA/Activision/MS self if you want.  I'll have nothing to do with those devils who took my childhood hobby and gutted it for the mass market morons.

Im sorry it seems that none of you playstation fans like playing mp games with your friends? I just have bad communication skills that's obvious but the point im trying to make is that for playstation fans like myself, it's harder to find friends who have a playstation console because while most of my friends are off playing halo and gears on xbox or my nerdy friends are off playing pc games where does that leave a ps fan like myself? And I am an american in college guess where xbox reigns supreme due to what i'm talking about. Sony needs to have that big franchise that caters to these people so they get ps4's. I personally know way more people who are waiting on xb1 than ps4 due to halo and gears, and I can't persuade them elsewise because what does Sony have to compete?

And I do realize now that size doesn't matter. So forgive me with that.

Also btw I play a ton of more sp games than mp, a ton more!!!

@ NYCrisis. - For MP, Sony has Killzone. The MP is fantastic!! Have u tried it?

NYCrysis said:

Im sorry it seems that none of you playstation fans like playing mp games with your friends? I just have bad communication skills that's obvious but the point im trying to make is that for playstation fans like myself, it's harder to find friends who have a playstation console because while most of my friends are off playing halo and gears on xbox or my nerdy friends are off playing pc games where does that leave a ps fan like myself? And I am an american in college guess where xbox reigns supreme due to what i'm talking about. Sony needs to have that big franchise that caters to these people so they get ps4's. I personally know way more people who are waiting on xb1 than ps4 due to halo and gears, and I can't persuade them elsewise because what does Sony have to compete?

And I do realize now that size doesn't matter. So forgive me with that.

Also btw I play a ton of more sp games than mp, a ton more!!!

Looking at the latest sales figures for hardware, they need nothing to compete.

Are they even competing at this point? 

Oh also, while your friends are all "waiting" to buy a X1, all of my friends have already purchased a PS4.

If they're just going to "wait" for Halo/Gears, then I guess they won't be buying an X1 this year.

Around the Network

All my friends have PS3 or PS4s so I don't have the same problem. I like the diversity in their exclusives and I'm not a big fan of the FPS genre.

Give it time, I'm sure the first-party titles will get better.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

so Sony's doomed for not having enough people to work on games yet big enough to make all those games you listed above(and more)

Sony has proven tha you don't have to hae either a big dev gropup/money/or both to make reta games(ND alone has proven that greatly) True sony doesn't have a killer mp app like halo or gears(and I'll throw TF in as well) but it didn't stop from cathching and surpassing the 360 or the rubber Sony's laying down with the PS4

we also most remember that different console have different preferences; what might work for one doesn't have to work for the other

Get a X1 and enjoy your multiplayer :)

Shouldn't be the title Sony 1st party Multiplayer fail?

Which is ofcourse incorrect cause we have Playstation Home.. 31 million users.. Yeah i personaly haven't met any of them but the numbers don't lie..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)