By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's 1st party multiplayer fail

"While Microsoft has had Gears and Halo ", MS studios didn't create those games those were Epic and Bungie but then later MS bought those IPs.

Around the Network

Uncharted 2 is my favorite MP of all time. Full Disclosure: I mostly play SP so my sample size is smaller than most.

Are those numbers after the big layoffs?

Well you don't need a huge team to make a momentous game. Respawn has a fairly small but well experienced team. I think it's like 100 people or less including office staff.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Are those numbers after the big layoffs?

Well you don't need a huge team to make a momentous game. Respawn has a fairly small but well experienced team. I think it's like 100 people or less including office staff.

Wikipedia says ~75 if that counts for anything.

petroleo said:

"While Microsoft has had Gears and Halo ", MS studios didn't create those games those were Epic and Bungie but then later MS bought those IPs.

Sure about Gears was not made by a 1st party; howerver, it had MS devs involved.

Halo. Did you see what it was before it got bought by MS? It was a tech demo for Apple.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Dude...Sony is fine and the big games always come within a two year window. I would be more worried about Microsoft if I were you when it comes to being creative and coming out with new exclusives themselves.

I'd rather take creativity of MS than Sony.

And here I'll tell you why:

Halo has been the benchmark for most FPS since 2001, it always had great visuals but it's gameplay took precedence over anything else. Thus, it's multiplayer is one of the most played in the industry.

Gears have also been the benchmark for all the TPS with cover based mechanic. Self explanatory.

MS released tons of Arcade games for the last 3 years through 1st party and external studios partnership.

I don't think any fans of Xbox should be worried about games on Xbox, be it 1st or 3rd party.

I'm not easily impressed by cinematic experience. It's a wow thing for 5 minutes.

Dev size doesn't equal sales...

PD has 140 people...they make Gran Turismo.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Just wait wait for MAG 2!!!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Goatseye said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Dude...Sony is fine and the big games always come within a two year window. I would be more worried about Microsoft if I were you when it comes to being creative and coming out with new exclusives themselves.

I'd rather take creativity of MS than Sony.

And here I'll tell you why:

Halo has been the benchmark for most FPS since 2001, it always had great visuals but it's gameplay took precedence over anything else. Thus, it's multiplayer is one of the most played in the industry.

Gears have also been the benchmark for all the TPS with cover based mechanic. Self explanatory.

MS released tons of Arcade games for the last 3 years through 1st party and external studios partnership.

I don't think any fans of Xbox should be worried about games on Xbox, be it 1st or 3rd party.

I'm not easily impressed by cinematic experience. It's a wow thing for 5 minutes.

MS has created zero games that have become a phenomenon. I have no clue what creativity you speak of. Yes, I agree that they are better at Sony at acquring IP's. 

I love Gears and Halo, but MS didn't create those games, they just own the IP to them. Every game MS has that I remotely like they've purchased. Gears, Halo and Rare titles. Everything I like about Sony they've made including partner games.

I'd like to know where you got the employee count.