By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Zelda U be revealed at this year's E3? If so, in what capacity?

In what capacity will Zelda U be revealed at this year's E3?

Playable Demo on the show floor 71 19.40%

Just concept art shown 6 1.64%

Just a small teaser trailer 98 26.78%

Big lenghty trailer with gameplay footage 171 46.72%

Nothing will be announced at all 20 5.46%

Total:366
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

They better! I would be awesome if they announced the year of link at e3 or an upcoming Nintendo Direct

You're already awesome, Jizz.

Around the Network
LemonSlice said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

They better! I would be awesome if they announced the year of link at e3 or an upcoming Nintendo Direct

You're already awesome, Jizz.

Awesome is an understatement

ktay95 said:
We should see it this year as a trailer with no gameplay as we always do and then next year we see a near final build before the late 2015 release.

I am starting to believe it will be just like that, for better or worse

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird. 

I think Nintendo is waiting to see how Mario Kart 8 performs, if it does well, they will not bring out the big guns and stick to the plan: X and Smash Bros this year and that is that.

If MK8 fails to get the attention they need for the WiiU, them they will come out with a vegeance with stuff like Zelda, Metroid and even FZero, like a desesperate last war cry or something.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a playable demo. We got one for Skyward one year before release and we have no idea for when this game will release. I suspect a release date of between the end of 2014 to end of 2015. I can see it being released at the end of 2015 if they have something for spring that year, like Animal Crossing.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network

I think we'll get lots of details. Intro video, gameplay, etc. We may even hear about some journalists getting to play around with it for a bit, or even some floor demos.

There's no doubt that the game will be at E3. we will probably get a big trailer + playable demo + holidays release date.

greencactaur said:
I imagine a CGI trailer with some gameplay footage. As for the game I'm expecting it to be on a Skyrim level where you literally just travel and you get hand full of quests :D.

CGI? this is nintendo we are talking about.

Seeing how the game was ready to be shown at last E3, then I suspect we will not only see a trailer, but we will probably also have a playable demo, and seeing how Zelda games are normally shown one year before release, and how this was supposed to be reveal last year. I think a Holidays or Fall 2014 release date could also be seen.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

WagnerPaiva said:

I think Nintendo is waiting to see how Mario Kart 8 performs, if it does well, they will not bring out the big guns and stick to the plan: X and Smash Bros this year and that is that.

If MK8 fails to get the attention they need for the WiiU, them they will come out with a vegeance with stuff like Zelda, Metroid and even FZero, like a desesperate last war cry or something.

companies don't work that way. they'll show Zelda no matter what.