By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Titanfall have the same impact as Call of Duty 4?

Far from it.

Around the Network

doesnt really look like it TBH

Call Of Duty Next will blow every game out the water this fall just you watch

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Well, Killzone is pretty futuristic and it is being around for 10 years...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Nah not really, it's basically COD with mechs from the looks of it. I couldn't imagine what the game would be like to have the sort of influence COD 4 had. Maybe the next Doom...

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Not really.
I kind of miss WWII shooters. I'm tired of all this Russia shit.

Around the Network

No

Lost Planet 1 was just about as big as Titanfall is when the 360 launched, and we don't see mech's in shooters any more now then we used to. If anything we see less as mech based games are less common now (no more Front Mission, Mech Assault, and Armored Core is a much smaller franchise now)

---

However Destiny might make MMO shooters more popular. Bungie is capable, remember how Halo changed everything?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

ParryWinkle said:
Not really.
I kind of miss WWII shooters. I'm tired of all this Russia shit.

The type of FPS that I miss most is the explorative dungeon crawl types with loads of secret rooms. Serious Sam is the only modern game that still does this and it is not enough. Sure, add multiplayer but do it fantastical weapons that are unbeleivable, be creative damnit. Stop it with all this soldiery crap already. Let realism go for a bit.

That being said, I find BF4 on PC to be the best multiplayer FPS game out there and I have put countless hours into it already. 

Additional note, I could care less about console only or console designed FPS games that are later ported to PC. KBM is the only true way to play FPS games.

hell no

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

There have been several futuristic shooters with wall-jumps and lots of vertical movement since the 90s, especially on PC.

Not sure if mechs in shooters will be the next big thing...

Maybe asymmetrical combat will be more important, but that's also not completely new. But Titanfall balanced it very well.

Maybe Titanfall 4 will have that impact? Since it was the fourth COD title that really took off.

Yep.