By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - IGN Confirmed - inFamous: Second Son surpassed 1 million copies sold 9 days after global launch

kowenicki said:
maverick40 said:
bananaking21 said:
maverick40 said:

Why would they even bother making it up? Outside of this site and maybe a few others, nobody cares about what it sold. The OP also had " IGN confirmed" as the start of the thread title yet people were still blasting him.It is the same people coming in all the time to refute sales of a PS4 game. 

Click bait my friend, click bait.

Click bait? But it was true. 

There is a confusion here.  Insiderp said this a few days ago :

*BREAKING*** PS4 sells 7 million units worldwide as Infamous : Second Son reaches a million at launch

The original OP was posted when the ONLY other source on the interenet was insiderp.

Later it transpired that the source was Sony Australia.  That wasnt know at the outset.

But the article never mentioned Insiderp in any way, and had a different conclusion than the insiderp article that you just posted.  Seems like reaching to conclude that a news story that says it came from a Sony announcement, bares no mention of insiderp, and doesn't even say the same thing as insiderp was actually using insiderp all along.  I mean sure we didn't have the Sony confirmation, so this could have easily been a site looking for hits, but even if they ended up wrong I still wouldn't say that it had anything to do with insiderp.  

Around the Network

Shipped. probably more like 800k

toastboy44562 said:

This was literally said 5 posts above yours:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/10/infamous-second-son-powers-1-million-sales/

*Includes both Blu-ray Disc sell-through quantities and download version sales on PlayStation Store as of 29th March, 2014

So no, not shipped.

toastboy44562 said:

Too lazy to read Huh?

Sold through, sweet.

I hope sony keeps this up. Tracking sell through is just so much nicer for us.

Great numbers too.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Still waiting for the appologies for OP and Grubler... People come bursting like jerks and when proved wrong they just vanish.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

The only "connection" to insiderp was a claim made earlier in this thread because they googled searched it and insiderp appeared to be saying the same thing.

Thus because the claim seemed baseless, people attributed it to insiderp to immediately discredit it.
Classic Misdirection. Too bad it didn't work though , Sony has becoming really proficient at allowing rumors to stir, then swiftly dispelling them resulting in positive PR from a mess.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

As I said, these are very good numbers for Infamous SS;  Also previous week Global for PS4 were impressive, with PS4 better than Xbone in NA, and more than 3 times as much as Xbone in Europe !   In the Global, roughly twice as much as Xbone and more than 4 times as much as WiiU.  Really good numbers for PS4.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

So Insiderp were right :P

If VGChartz is correct that is only 10% DD.

Should we extrapolate this for every game fo a while?