By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - IGN Confirmed - inFamous: Second Son surpassed 1 million copies sold 9 days after global launch

tiffac said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Now we wait to see if Sony announces 7 million PS4s sold/shipped. If they do, THEN and only THEN will I start taking what Insiderderp says more seriously.

Its really hard to take them seriously with that name though xD

Yeah lol, it is a bit off putting. It couls still have been an educated guess but if they ARE right about 7 million and they're much closer than VGC, I'll have to at least give them some credit.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
tres said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

Because not everyone likes to be short sighted.

has nothing to do with being short sighted its truth avoidance.   

when you are speaking of whats present now talking about whats to come  is irrelevant especially when youre talking about a singular subject 

lol you wish to disregard the rest of the generation and accuse me of truth avoidance... short sighted indeed.

Did you learn nothing at all from 360/ps3? nothing at all?

but thats not was being discuss we were talking about 2 games in particular.  not a catalog of games.  not games that are coming titanfall & infamous.   thats it.  so what i said stands.  i have both 360 & ps3 so i know first hand  not just someone throwing rocks across the fence hoping it hit a window

DonFerrari said:
Still waiting for the appologies for OP and Grubler... People come bursting like jerks and when proved wrong they just vanish.

THIS.. They've all vanished I see. 

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

bananaking21 said:
DonFerrari said:
Realisation said:
DonFerrari said:
Still waiting for the appologies for OP and Grubler... People come bursting like jerks and when proved wrong they just vanish.

Reading last week's thread. Jlmurph wanted insiderp to be banned. 

Oh well. Another day in Vgchartz.

And people use the same arguments over and over and when proved wrong move to a new thread and repeat from the beggining, never aknowleding they are wrong, always parading on a high horse.

ohh please, insiderp is still full of shit. their numbers were wrong. they guessed, came close, but were wrong. they said infamous sold 1 million as of the 28th, meaning it sold so in its first week on the market. Sony said it sold so in 9 days. 

insiderp guesses these numbers and post them as if they got a souce. just because they were close doesnt mean they are redeemed

So, its just like VGchartz then ;P

Smartest nam evila

LOL at people claiming this was Insiderp.

Around the Network

Lemme get this straight, some posters in here where insinuating that gribble runs insiderp lol.

Smartest nam evila

trixiemafia86 said:
bananaking21 said:

ohh please, insiderp is still full of shit. their numbers were wrong. they guessed, came close, but were wrong. they said infamous sold 1 million as of the 28th, meaning it sold so in its first week on the market. Sony said it sold so in 9 days. 

insiderp guesses these numbers and post them as if they got a souce. just because they were close doesnt mean they are redeemed

So, its just like VGchartz then ;P

VGC at least uses a fairly sizable sample size to create their estimates. Of course, they are still often off the mark, but usually they are within reasonable limits consistently enough to be credible in what they do (usually :p).

Insiderp on the other hand pulls his numbers from the deepest depths of his ass and hopes for the best.

The power of being within the launch window. I told people to not underestimate how well it could sell.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/10/infamous-second-son-powers-1-million-sales/

*Includes both Blu-ray Disc sell-through quantities and download version sales on PlayStation Store as of 29th March, 2014.

Xenostar said:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/10/infamous-second-son-powers-1-million-sales/

*Includes both Blu-ray Disc sell-through quantities and download version sales on PlayStation Store as of 29th March, 2014.

As of March 29th. So insiderp was right. Doesn't prove anything but still. they were right.

Smartest nam evila