By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Crew's microtransactions let you buy performance parts with real world cash

As long as everything is still obtainable without money I don't give a shit.

No plans to buy this game, but its not due to this. But microtransactions don't bother me at all in games as long as the same stuff is available for free through progression.

Around the Network

So let me calculate. $60 game + $50/$60 (PS+ / Live Gold) + $"unlimited" microtransactions for a racing game? Only thing they resisting is charging $15 like elder scrolls online.

So next gen!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I get all the hate for Microtransactions, I just don't share them.
There is literally no difference for me between a game that forces you to grind to get an item vs a game that forces you to grind to get an item or pay as an option.
I feel that the dislike of Microtransactions is just misplaced frustration at that aspect of poor game design.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I really hate when they do this. I feel they're saying: "Are you tired of being beaten and mocked by that annoying rival with a faster car than yours? You don't have time to unlock all the pieces by playing missions? Buy performance parts for a 'small' amount of your money and wipe the competition off the map". This will unbalance the game badly.

Around the Network

increasing costs without increasing game sales = new ways to get more revenue needed

maybe the new engines are really so easy and great that developers don't have to get even bigger teams but even if the teams stay the same size costs obviously inrease from year to year.

I want it easy and I want it now.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/the_crew/news/the_crew_kicks_you_to_the_title_screen_whenever_you_lose_your_internet_connection.html

so ya, my hype has fallen to below zero..

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Nice. So now $60 games will implement the pay-for-stars/gems/crystals/etc bullshit the free to play model developed.

I hope people let this game die.

Nothing wrong with it if no content is locked behind a paywall.

They should make a separate trophy then for obtaining all parts without using money ;)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.