By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Crew's microtransactions let you buy performance parts with real world cash

Game is off my to buy list now... I try not to support the industry with micro transactions.

Charge me a fair price, make a game with good design ideas, don't gimp it and don't try and design it in a way to make more money from frustration. This is from someone who supports the industry by buying lots of games a year...lol

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Bring back the Game Genie or Gameshark for the lazy fucks or people that want to run around in god mode for a little. I remember when you could put a cheat code or pass code in for free and unlock everything.  I wouldn't mind seeing the next game market crash with business practices like these.

I hate the way the games industry is going with DLC, and it is something which affects all console owners. Here at least there is one issue we can all unite against. What really pisses me off about this sort of thing is that they have the DLC already completed before the release of the game in many cases. I've even heard of games that already have the 'DLC' on the disc and the purchase is for an unlock.

If a game proves popular, I don't mind a company developing more maps to extend the lifetime of the game and charge for that extra content. What I do not like is games developed with DLC already in mind.