By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Crew's microtransactions let you buy performance parts with real world cash

Never planned to play this game anyway lol

Around the Network

Yay, this is just the next step in the process from the 7th gen to appeal to broader and simpler audiences. Good times, and it will only get worse.

why.....
why do game companies like to destroy games with DLCs and microtransactions?
my god

Ka-pi96 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
I get all the hate for Microtransactions, I just don't share them.
There is literally no difference for me between a game that forces you to grind to get an item vs a game that forces you to grind to get an item or pay as an option.
I feel that the dislike of Microtransactions is just misplaced frustration at that aspect of poor game design.

I would share your sentiment except I am sure devs purposely make things much harder to obtain than they used to in order to encourage microtransaction purchases.

i think you're making an awefully big assumption there.

i've seen microtransactions done poorly and i've seen them done well.  instead of making blanket assumptions we should be judging the implementation game by game because DLC can be a great revenue generator when done well.   i for one have probably spent as much on LBP addons as i did buying LBP and LBP2.  i don't feel the amount of content on disc was at all gypped by the existence of DLC content.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
There is literally no difference for me between a game that forces you to grind to get an item vs a game that forces you to grind to get an item or pay as an option.
I feel that the dislike of Microtransactions is just misplaced frustration at that aspect of poor game design.

That's my opinion as well.

If you feel jealous that people are paying money to get something you have to play races to get...

chances are the game just isn't good.

I've played a lot of games where you can buy items from the store or earn them like TF2... and I never got mad at people who spent money on items...

because the games were fun!

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
If this is the future of home console videogames then I don't want to form part of it. 

Agree completely.  Sad part is this will likely catch on looking at mobile market.

Always online and microtransactions...this game is looking worse and worse.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Pretty much this.

If a studio purposely gimps a game to force you to buy microtransactions, then it's bad. If you can get all the content without having to grind for weeks to get something, then it's not a big deal.

Oh, in that case I don't have to get this game at all.... ever

F F2P type microtransaction crap

Very simply because it always involves "grinding" and frustration by design built into the game to entice you to spend money rather than waste time, but the fact is that the stuff you unlock is still not worth the time to play, let alone grind to get it.

Yay pay-to-win, boots you to title screen when you lose connection AND has peer-to-peer host migration. This game is shaping up to be quite the blockbuster.