By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - can wii u ever pass vita?!

PS Vita will have more legs than wii u because its a handheld.

Around the Network

Xbox one may not steamroll anything THIS year. Depending on MK8, Xbox One may just barely pass Wii U during the holidays.

Also, depending on MK8, Wii U may not pass Vita either.

MK8 has some serious power at this point. Huge hype, good advertisement in every Gamestop I see... Nintendo is clearly betting big on Wii U's revival with this game. They better up the television marketing come May and create a must have bundle for it.

I think it can, unless Sony does a 180 and announces loads of new titles with mass appeal.

Sadly i dont see that happening. Vita is a great piece of hardware but it has a niche market of japanese games and indies. Even though those Tales of and Phantasy Stars are nowhere to be seen. -.-

The Wii U is getting several high profile games this year, added to the ones it got last year and those that are upcoming. It definitly has a brighter future than the Vita, despite all the constant doom talks.

Nem said:
I think it can, unless Sony does a 180 and announces loads of new titles with mass appeal.

Sadly i dont see that happening. Vita is a great piece of hardware but it has a niche market of japanese games and indies. Even though those Tales of and Phantasy Stars are nowhere to be seen. -.-

The Wii U is getting several high profile games this year, added to the ones it got last year and those that are upcoming. It definitly has a brighter future than the Vita, despite all the constant doom talks.

Maybe but considering this is pretty much the same thing people have been saying all of 2013 and Wii U still gets beat regularly by Vita in the charts Im going to remain skeptical.

The thing about the Vita is that it beats Wii U in sales pretty much 9 months out of the year. THe holidays have yet to help WIi U get even within spitting range of Vita. Now if Mario Kart pulls a Titanfall and only boosts HW for a week or three and it goes back to norm then Wii U may never pass Vita.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Nem said:

Maybe but considering this is pretty much the same thing people have been saying all of 2013 and Wii U still gets beat regularly by Vita in the charts Im going to remain skeptical.

That depends on point of view. The Vita is doing really well in Japan, but not in the rest of the world. The Wii U is doing bad but average across the board. That means that a boost to happen will have effect on all major territories resulting in a bigger overall boost.

Anyways this is moot until we see how thing really turn around with MK8.

Nem said:
oniyide said:
Nem said:

That depends on point of view. The Vita is doing really well in Japan, but not in the rest of the world. The Wii U is doing bad but average across the board. That means that a boost to happen will have effect on all major territories resulting in a bigger overall boost.

Anyways this is moot until we see how thing really turn around with MK8.

when i look at sales i look at WW, but i can see your point.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Vita isn't the worst thing to get... The OUYA would be the worst thing to get so not the worst thing in the world

Ouya has this amazing game so it's not really the worst thing in the world to get! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBFKLW5iLG8

OT: Wii U will probably pass the Vita by the time we get Zelda U.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

not if nintendo has anything to say about it

Thanks jlmurph!

superchunk said:
Xbox one may not steamroll anything THIS year. Depending on MK8, Xbox One may just barely pass Wii U during the holidays.

Also, depending on MK8, Wii U may not pass Vita either.

MK8 has some serious power at this point. Huge hype, good advertisement in every Gamestop I see... Nintendo is clearly betting big on Wii U's revival with this game. They better up the television marketing come May and create a must have bundle for it.

No. XB1 is not the type of system to put in a 2m holiday. It'll do that US alone.