By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Update* New Mario Kart 8 details/coverage is HERE!!! <(^o^<)

Anywhos, how about that music!? Usually only a few pieces of backround music from each Mario Kart game stand out to me, but I already love most of the tunes from MK8! The one that plays in the first half of the newest trailer, presumably for Mario Kart Stadium, is the most epic piece of music I've ever heard from a Mario Kart game! I literally rewatched the trailer a bunch of times just to listen to it more! xD

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Anywhos, how about that music!? Usually only a few pieces of backround music from each Mario Kart game stand out to me, but I already love most of the tunes from MK8! The one that plays in the first half of the newest trailer, presumably for Mario Kart Stadium, is the most epic piece of music I've ever heard from a Mario Kart game! I literally rewatched the trailer a bunch of times just to listen to it more! xD

Nintendo PR said it's the first Mario Kart to use live music for selected tracks.

The remakes with them sound fantasic, and I'm excited to see what else is in store.

Shy Guy has been confirmed? He was my main in MK7.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Shy Guy has been confirmed? He was my main in MK7.

Watch the trailer and find out!

You know, while I have always enjoyed the Mario Kart franchise, it's rarely been a series that decides whether I purchase hardware or not. I bought a Wii U for Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, and Super Smash Bros. I bought a 3DS for all that and Pokemon. Mario Kart was just a bonus that I enjoy for a month or two, maybe more if friends stop by. But really, the last time that a Mario Kart game was a console defining game for me was Mario Kart 64.

But man, Mario Kart 8 has really caught my attention lately, as the sheer amount of quality it's showing is quite astonishing. It just looks like what I imagined Mario Kart could look like when I first started playing the series back in 1997. 8 is a culmination of the best of 14 years of Mario Karting goodness, and I can't wait to give it a go. ^_^

Around the Network
Smeags said:
You know, while I have always enjoyed the Mario Kart franchise, it's rarely been a series that decides whether I purchase hardware or not. I bought a Wii U for Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, and Super Smash Bros. I bought a 3DS for all that and Pokemon. Mario Kart was just a bonus that I enjoy for a month or two, maybe more if friends stop by. But really, the last time that a Mario Kart game was a console defining game for me was Mario Kart 64.

But man, Mario Kart 8 has really caught my attention lately, as the sheer amount of quality it's showing is quite astonishing. It just looks like what I imagined Mario Kart could look like when I first started playing the series back in 1997. 8 is a culmination of the best of 14 years of Mario Karting goodness, and I can't wait to give it a go. ^_^

You and everyone else in the world.

Except for cats.

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.

RCTjunkie said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Nintendo PR said it's the first Mario Kart to use live music for selected tracks.

The remakes with them sound fantasic, and I'm excited to see what else is in store.

For some reason my post didn't go through the first time, but what's "live" music? :O

ieatdragonz said:
Smeags said:

Except for cats.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
ieatdragonz said:
Smeags said:

Except for cats.

Is that rumble pack really necessary? 

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.

Einsam_Delphin said:
RCTjunkie said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

For some reason my post didn't go through the first time, but what's "live" music? :O

A Live band/orchestra has recorded the tracks rather than using computer genrated music... simply put it will sound much much better.