By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Update* New Mario Kart 8 details/coverage is HERE!!! <(^o^<)

Well do as you wish! I just think it'd be better if we all just accepted it's doom status and moved on already so we can talk about better things!

Anywhos, I've finally stopped being lazy and added a list of new details on the game to the OP. Let me know if I missed anything!

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Well do as you wish! I just think it'd be better if we all just accepted it's doom status and moved on already so we can talk about better things!

Anywhos, I've finally stopped being lazy and added a list of new details on the game to the OP. Let me know if I missed anything!

Did you mention that this wont save Wii U from DOOM in the OP =P

Einsam_Delphin said:

You do realize if the Wii U really is doomed there won't be "better things" to talk about right? Nintendo will have to leave the home console market and possibly become another SEGA. We won't get too many more awesome games for the system if they have to pull the plug.

EB1994 said:
This will be 60 FPS? It looks like it's 60 in the video...really smooth.

Yeah, 60fps isn't as important to most genres of gaming as a lot of people like to make it sound. But for RACING? It's very important, because as you can see in the vidoes, MK8 just LOOKS faster than previous 3D Mario Kart games. That is why Nintendo sacrificed fancy graphics for F-Zero X on N64, because the tradeoff was blazing fast gameplay at 60fps.

In other news, with confirmation of SHY GUY and no goddamn wheelie-ing for fucking bikes anymore, I'm already SOLD.

Everything else? Less rubber-band-y AI, more balanced items, no fucking POW blocks, some tracks have orchastrated-ish music, high-polygon count for more elaborate track designs and character animations, etc.?

All just icing on an already delicious looking cake.

The only thing they haven't revealed/talked about/confirmed, is whether or not MK8 will have a REAL battle mode again, unlike MK Wii. However, considering that MK7 had real battle mode, and that MKWii is literally the only game in the series so far that hasn't had the regular "everyone out for themselves" battles, I have no reason to believe they won't have it here. I sincerely hope they have it, because if not, that would be the one major blemish on what looks like an otherwise pretty amazing game.

PS @various other Wii U sales related threads

Yes, in fact, Mario Kart 8 is going to have a major impact on Wii U console sales. There is literally no way it won't.

@OP Dude, enough of the "doom" crap. Just enjoy the games.

Going to pre order this on Saturday from my local gaming store, it looks stunning. Can you play as your Mii like in Mario Kart 7? im very vain you know lol

Around the Network
HyrulianScrolls said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

You do realize if the Wii U really is doomed there won't be "better things" to talk about right? Nintendo will have to leave the home console market and possibly become another SEGA. We won't get too many more awesome games for the system if they have to pull the plug.

Uh no, it'll be just like it was with the N64 and Gamecube. Nintendo is atleast smart enough to know that killing their systems early will only hurt them more.

Confirmed New Tracks (14/16)

★Mushroom Cup

⇒Mario Kart Stadium
⇒Water Park
⇒Sweet Sweet Canyon
⇒Thwomp Ruins

★Flower Cup

⇒Mario Circuit
⇒Toad Harbor
⇒Twisted Mansion
⇒Shy Guy Falls

★Star Cup

⇒Sunshine Airport
⇒Electrodome

★Special Cup

⇒Cloudtop Cruise
⇒Rainbow Road (Unconfirmed, but so obvious)

Unknown Cups

⇒Bone Dry Dunes
⇒Dolphin Shoals[

DevilRising said:
EB1994 said:
This will be 60 FPS? It looks like it's 60 in the video...really smooth.

@OP Dude, enough of the "doom" crap. Just enjoy the games.

Enough of the "X will save Wii U!" crap then! And of course I'll enjoy the games regardless of what's said on here!

zippy said:
Going to pre order this on Saturday from my local gaming store, it looks stunning. Can you play as your Mii like in Mario Kart 7? im very vain you know lol

Hasn't been confirmed just yet, but I'd be extremely shocked if Miis weren't in the final game.

Retro courses (13/16)

★Shell Cup
⇒Wii Moo Moo Meadows
⇒DS Cheep Cheep Beach
⇒GBA Mario Circuit
⇒N64 Toad's Turnpike

★Banana Cup
⇒GCN Dry Dry Desert
⇒SNES Donut Plains 3
⇒N64 Royal Raceway
⇒3DS DK Jungle

★??? Cup

★Lightning Cup
⇒DS Tick-Tock Clock
⇒N64 Rainbow Road

Unknown
⇒Wii Grumble Volcano
⇒3DS Music Park
⇒3DS Piranha Plant Slide

Also wats rumored? Or should i say heavily hinted? YoshiValley+ Sherbet Land? Thats 15/16

Im going out and saying there will be 20 stages for retro+new (like i said before)