By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Update* New Mario Kart 8 details/coverage is HERE!!! <(^o^<)

Einsam_Delphin said:
RCTjunkie said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
AstroGamer said:

Yoshi Valley and Double Dash Sherbet Land confirmed.

Noice find! That's every MK64 track then. Wonder if they'll reuse tracks in the next game, or not bother with N64 at all.

I can't make it out.

But Wario Stadium from N64 is the last one left from that console, actually.

Now to wait for Wario Colliseum and/or Wario's Gold Mine. 

On the right, second from the bottom is Yoshi Valley. Maybe if I tried harder I could find Sherbert Land. :L
Also you're right, I need to remember that Wario Stadium from DS is the same in name only!

Sherbet Land is right below Yoshi's Valley

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Around the Network

I had sleep to tend to so once again my Official Mario Kart 8 thread is abused... poor thing.

Anyhow, I'll watch through the videos.

Ahhh the N64 Rainbow Road music...

Excuse me whilst my inner child cries in delight.

VGChartz

AstroGamer said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
RCTjunkie said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
AstroGamer said:

Yoshi Valley and Double Dash Sherbet Land confirmed.

Sherbet Land is right below Yoshi's Valley

I can't make it out at all, but I'll take your word for it!

Honestly the more I see of this game the more it seems like the killer ip the Wii U desperately needs. It seems like Nintendo is really putting their all into this one and it's clearly not just "another Mario Kart" like so many of the games in the series have been for a long time. If this doesn't finally sell the Wii U then I honestly think the system really could be doomed. It's gotta give it the shot in the arm it needs or I don't know what Nintendo can even do. Mario Kart 7 is what finally got the 3DS up and running in sales, and that doesn't even look like half the game MK8 will be.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
I had sleep to tend to so once again my Official Mario Kart 8 thread is abused... poor thing.

Anyhow, I'll watch through the videos.

I think the correct word would be neglect, not abuse! Besides this new stuff is totally worth it's own thread!

HyrulianScrolls said:

Honestly the more I see of this game the more it seems like the killer ip the Wii U desperately needs. It seems like Nintendo is really putting their all into this one and it's clearly not just "another Mario Kart" like so many of the games in the series have been for a long time. If this doesn't finally sell the Wii U then I honestly think the system really could be doomed. It's gotta give it the shot in the arm it needs or I don't know what Nintendo can even do. Mario Kart 7 is what finally got the 3DS up and running in sales, and that doesn't even look like half the game MK8 will be.

Make no mistake, the Wii U is dommed, but that wont stop us from enjoying all the great games the system has to offer!

Einsam_Delphin said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

Make no mistake, the Wii U is dommed, but that wont stop us from enjoying all the great games the system has to offer!

It isn't doomed yet, but MK8 will give us a good idea of if it will be. This feels like the big chance for the Wii U to turn the corner, but if it doesn't the system's fate won't be looking good.

HyrulianScrolls said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

It isn't doomed yet, but MK8 will give us a good idea of if it will be. This feels like the big chance for the Wii U to turn the corner, but if it doesn't the system's fate won't be looking good.

Nah, it be doomed! We've already seen how SM3DW + other games + price cut + new bundles + advertising + holidays did nothing for the system, so it's safe to say that nothing from the usual console cycle will help it. Yes Mario Kart is the biggest franchise the Wii U will ever see most likely, but not by a significant amount as shown by MK7 and SM3DL sales on 3DS.

Einsam_Delphin said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

Nah, it be doomed! We've already seen how SM3DW + other games + price cut + new bundles + advertising + holidays did nothing for the system, so it's safe to say that nothing from the usual console cycle will help it. Yes Mario Kart is the biggest franchise the Wii U will ever see most likely, but not by a significant amount as shown by MK7 and SM3DL sales on 3DS.

What price cut and advertising? The Wii U has never recieved a true price cut and Nintendo's advertsiing for it last holiday was awful. You know, even when people were saying SM3DW was gonna kickstart the Wii U's sales I could never fully get on board that idea. It looked like a great game and it was a great game, but the hype was just never really there it seemed. The release of two brand new systems totally overshadowed any hype SM3DW was able to create. That's why I was glad Nintendo didn't waste MK8's release last Holiday season, since it wouldn't have done much good competing against the release of the PS4/One. MK8 to me feels like the first Wii U game that has genereated any substantial amount of hype, and releasing in May it will no longer have to compete against the release of two shiny brand new consoles. No, to me this feels like the Wii U's first real chance to get off the ground. I think MK8 will be  word of mouth type of game too, so I expect sales to pick up or stay strong in the weeks following it's release. Again, if they don't though I will officially be worried about the system.