By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Update* New Mario Kart 8 details/coverage is HERE!!! <(^o^<)

tbone51 said:
Confirmed New Tracks (14/16)

★Mushroom Cup
⇒Mario Kart Stadium
⇒Water Park
⇒Sweet Sweet Canyon
⇒Thwomp Ruins

★Flower Cup
⇒Mario Circuit
⇒Toad Harbor
⇒Twisted Mansion
⇒Shy Guy Falls

★Star Cup
⇒Sunshine Airport
⇒Electrodome

★Special Cup
⇒Cloudtop Cruise
⇒Rainbow Road (Unconfirmed, but so obvious)

Unknown Cups
⇒Bone Dry Dunes
⇒Dolphin Shoals[

If we count the obligatory Bowser's Castle, that's 15 confirmed new tracks. We also have 15 confirmed retro tracks, so there's just 2 tracks left, 1 from each set of cups that have yet to be confirmed. Hopefully someone leaks em! ^_^

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
tbone51 said:
Confirmed New Tracks (14/16)

★Mushroom Cup
⇒Mario Kart Stadium
⇒Water Park
⇒Sweet Sweet Canyon
⇒Thwomp Ruins

★Flower Cup
⇒Mario Circuit
⇒Toad Harbor
⇒Twisted Mansion
⇒Shy Guy Falls

★Star Cup
⇒Sunshine Airport
⇒Electrodome

★Special Cup
⇒Cloudtop Cruise
⇒Rainbow Road (Unconfirmed, but so obvious)

Unknown Cups
⇒Bone Dry Dunes
⇒Dolphin Shoals[

If we count the obligatory Bowser's Castle, that's 15 confirmed new tracks. We also have 15 confirmed retro tracks, so there's just 2 tracks left, 1 from each set of cups that have yet to be confirmed. Hopefully someone leaks em! ^_^

Im still hoping for an extra cup in both new+retro. 30/32 stages (even though 5 unshown in anyway) is alot despite MK8 release being 8 weeks away. Well this MK for sure will be the best. It looks so amazing, the retro tracks will feel brand new! Cant wait to see MK8 RAINBOW ROAD O.o

Wow, 4 N64 stages? That's cool but they have like one left to use in the next :P Except if they reuse already reused courses.

Yep.

tbone51 said:

★Shell Cup
⇒Wii Moo Moo Meadows
⇒DS Cheep Cheep Beach
⇒GBA Mario Circuit
⇒N64 Toad's Turnpike

Aww, I thought DS Figure-8 Circuit would be the perfect way to start the retro stages! Although it's very boring the name fits so well... Whatever all those stages sounds good.

Yep.

tbone51 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
tbone51 said:

Im still hoping for an extra cup in both new+retro. 30/32 stages (even though 5 unshown in anyway) is alot despite MK8 release being 8 weeks away. Well this MK for sure will be the best. It looks so amazing, the retro tracks will feel brand new! Cant wait to see MK8 RAINBOW ROAD O.o

They already confirmed 32 tracks, but DLC is still a possibility! Nintendo should return the favor and make a Green Hill Zone course!
And yeah, it seems like they're saving Rainbow Road for last, so it better be absolutely mind blowingly amazing!

Around the Network

N64 Royal Raceway! Yes! T_T

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

So far I haven't been able to find any videos showing off the character/course select screens or kart customizations. Why is that I wonder!?

Einsam_Delphin said:
So far I haven't been able to find any videos showing off the character/course select screens or kart customizations. Why is that I wonder!?

Obviously it holds info they want to hold back, probably until May. I feel like we will  get an ND a week or 2 before launch to hype it up again

ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Obviously it holds info they want to hold back, probably until May. I feel like we will  get an ND a week or 2 before launch to hype it up again

Yes they should give the game it's own Direct!

Looking amazing. Who would have thought that a Wii U game would join Infamous Second Son as the best looking games of the generation so far?