By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Aims to close the gap!

Of course they are trying, they got zero chance though, Worldwide xbox does not have the brand power and sony didn't make barely any mistakes with PS4.

It sure is hilarious to see some acting like MS is the only one with new games and improvements to announce though.....no one plays the long game betetr then Sony in the console business. 

Around the Network

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

MS has done nothing but aim high and shoot wide so far in the 8th gen.

But let me be really clear here: this is not a bad position in which to be.

Having the highest initial MSRP means the XB1 has the most space to adjust prices.

Take a look at the PS3 which went from an original $599 MSRP to the current $249 bundles with 250GB HDD. Sales picked up on the PS3 following the drop to $499 slightly, coinciding with some anticipated soft releases and then picked up significantly with the drop to $399, following the internal redesign with a lower production cost. By the time the base MSRP hit $299, the PS3 was at full steam and any talk of the Playstation brand being dead looked pretty foolish and shortsighted.

MS has the opportunity to do the exact same thing with the XB1. This is not a prediction that it will be able to replicate the later success of the PS3, but an observation that it could be done.

But it's not going to happen because some MS rep doing PR declares it. They have a lot of real work cut out for them, and talk and open statements will not cut it; they need to convince the consumers who are not in the Xbox brand pocket.

It can be done though.

- Reduce the production costs
- Lower the MSRP
- Offer a base bundle without Kinect
- Improve relations with independent developers; give them incentives to publish on XB1
- Continue to provide improved development tools for developers
- Improve XBL services and add additional value
- Commission new exclusive IPs
- Send a clear message to consumers that the XB1 provides entertainment value greater than the asking price

$399 Confirmed for the fall. This is great for Sony and MS fans. Gaming is going to get Really interesting with games and price cuts. YEAAAAAAAAAAA!

DJEVOLVE said:
$399 Confirmed for the fall. This is great for Sony and MS fans. Gaming is going to get Really interesting with games and price cuts. YEAAAAAAAAAAA!

With or without Kinect? If with, there may be some actual competition in the US at least. Without, I doubt much changes. If they do without, the price should be $350, or it's just a PS4 with 30% less power. $350 will be super competitive in every territory, and will really close the gap in the NA market, at the very least. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

Not long now.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Well it's not like they'd aim to widen it...

NightDragon83 said:
I still don't understand how people throw out the talking point that "M$ is indie-unfriendly" as if it were a fact. I must have missed all those indie games that came to XBLA all throughout the last generation, not to mention the fact that up until recently the biggest indie game of all, Minecraft, was exclusive to M$ on consoles and helped introduce millions of people, many of whom would be labeled as "casuals", to this great game that otherwise probably would have never even heard of it if it stayed PC exclusive.

You are correct.  It's wishful thinking. And some actually start to believe things if they are repeated enough.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I'm hoping for a fantastic E3 this year. Way better than last year.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Keep Kinect in the box the whole time if possible. Ride the storm out and keep offering good software. The generation is wayyyyy to early for defeat.