By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think the Wii U will outsell PS4 in Japan

In Japan; am I crazy?

Back at the Japanese launch, I had predicted that PS4 would sell 170k for the first week of sales which would have put it behind the Wii u. I turned out to be wrong - it sold nearly double that number. Which gave me a lot of hope. Now that the PS4 is out :/... not so much. It is performing worse than the Wii U was.

As a reasonable person, I came to the conclusion that Wii U> PS4 in Japan for this generation. Or is that not reasonable? Why is the PS4 bombing- doing worse than the Wii U? Anyone? Change my mind please.

Around the Network

No, just no. The PS4 has 3rd party support and western games are starting to get it's quality realized by tons of japanese gamers and the like.

I think PS4 will pull ahead thanks to major titles like FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, MGSV, Resident Evil 7 etc. With the XBO's irrelevancy in Japan those games may as well be PS4 exclusives over there.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

To be fair i actually think Wii U will do ok in Japan.

Fusioncode said:
I think PS4 will pull ahead thanks to major titles like FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, MGSV, Resident Evil 7 etc. With the XBO's irrelevancy in Japan those games may as well be PS4 exclusives over there.

Maybe I should make a chalkboard:

"..." will save the PS4 in Japan. ;_;

Around the Network

Probably not, but even if it does it's a hollow victory ... Japan for console may as well be a cripple fight.

Console's are no longer relevant there. I don't either the PS4 or Wii U will even match PS3 sales.

I'd guess probably about 3.5 million LTD for Wii U when all's said and done (similar to GameCube) and about 5-6 million for PS4 over a very, very (very) long time (10 years to get there). 

Give it some time, the older the PS4 gets, more niche japanese games will come. Plus all of the AAA games it would get either way. But I do believe that it won't sell over 10m, or at least not as good as Wii.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Wii U will be about 4m behind the Wii by the time MK8 launches.

Ps4 needs to average about 15k a week by its year anniversary to keep pace with ps3.

Wii vs Ps3 is 2.85m gap right now with ps3 consistantly selling 10,000+ weekly.

How the hell is Wii U going to make up the insane lost ground?

BAZINGA... oh wait Japan could actually be an interesting race

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ps4 sales japan are bad because people in japan dont buy consoles