By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think the Wii U will outsell PS4 in Japan

I think it can happen, since right now the PS4 is actually selling worse than the Wii-U in that country, but again, the third party games will probably give it a little boost.

Not that it matters, the console market in Japan is basically nonexistent at this point. Companies like Sony (who already has), and Nintendo (who needs to get out of their little bubble), don't need to pander to the country like they did during the PS1 / PS2 era.

Around the Network

I think nobody can be sure about that because it's about the games. In Japan these "omg it's next gen"-people already have their PS4 so let's see what games will release in the next months Japanese people like.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

The point is PS4 isn't meeting demand in most of the world... I just think not enough units are being allocated to Japan... Also just see how Wii and PS3 fought... PS4 is soon get it's time to shine in Japan! I can't hardly see Wii U doing Wii numbers, but PS4 to do PS3 numbers is very likely

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

At the current sell rate the PS4 will need OVER TWO YEARS to catch up to the Wii U.

Enough said.

What facts is this being based off of? Ps4 is selling about 3x more than what wii u is selling. Ps4 doesn't even have a lot of games. Ps4 will beat wii u in japan like everywhere esle

Around the Network

If you mean this Wii U 2014 will outsell PS4 2014, yes, if you mean lifetime, no.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Short term, not likely. 

Long term, absolutely not. Because PS4 will last 10 years. Means there will be 10 years + of sales. 

Will U, at the pace it is going, Nintendo will bring out a new console in 2 years. 

Put some thinking into it before you post. 

If the WiiU can get a healthy dose of JRPGs, why not?

Nintendo seems to have pretty good relationship with the 3rd parties that matter to the Japanese market.

If FFXV and KH3 magically appear on the system --- game over for the PS4.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

It all depends on the games. Games like Cod/Battlefield/AC aren't must have software titles for the Japanese. If they can produce Japanese oriented games like JRPGs/Fighters/racers I think it'll pick up. In my experience that seems to be what the japanese prefer.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

I don't think so. An inevitable Knack sequel would easily make the PS4 the victorious console in Japan!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---