By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think the Wii U will outsell PS4 in Japan

torok said:
Zero999 said:

bold: ps4 ONLY did 500k in 6 weeks, lowest launch of the generation for japan.

bold 2: maybe, but when will they come? and will the bump be even close to enough to make it win japan.

bold 3: you realize ps4's numbers are terrible for a recently launched platform, right? that 30k only happened because of the metal gear 5 deluxe demo. it already fell to 23k the following week vs 13k for wii u. ps4 will probably estabilize at sub 10k numbers and wii u will rise a lot after mario kart.

bold 4: the only correct part was that it's more than one year old.

1, 2 and 3) The only fact you posted is that it is averaging 20k while wii U is between 10k-15k. This fact just proves that Wii U is going worse. Mario Kart making it's sales rise isn't a fact, it's pure guessing, as it is your prediction of sub-10k for PS4.

4) PS4 passed Wii U in a few months, XOne is tracking to never do it. Fact. Wii U losses 3rd party support. Let's see:

- Asssassin's Creed 4 on Wii U. AC Unity won't.

- Need for Speed Most Wanted on Wii U. Rivals wasn't.

- Batman Arkham City and Origins on Wii U. Arkham Knight won't.

- Watch Dogs Wii U delayed, maybe even for 2015.

So, the loss of support is another fact. So the entire bolded section is based on facts, not especulation or wishful thinking. If you believe that much on it, I will be glad to take a bet about who wins Japan in the end.

bold 1: fixed

bold 2: you said ALL support, don't change the subject.

and ps4 is falling a lot, proving it's doing worse.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

1 - XOne will never do it? Really? Wii U sold 0.5M so far this year, XOne sold 0.9M. Almost double! It's tracking to outsell it pretty easily! Wii U will have Mario Kart and SSB, but XOne will have Destiny, Batman, Halo, AC, CoD (and it sells on it). It is tracking to do it right now costing 500 dollars, a price cut isn't even necessary for that. Explain, how a console that sold 0.9M while the other sold 0.5M isn't tracking to outsell it? And I'm being generous and not using the 2013 data that would only make it worse to avoid getting the huge launch figures. Please, enlight everyone here. Where's the data that indicates that XOne won't outsell Wii U worldwide. Real data, actual numbers, not guessing about how much units MK or SSB will sell. 

2 - All support? Yes, it is losing it. CoD already lacked DLCs, simply because it didn't sold enough. We still have Watch Dogs and looking at the delay Ubisoft will simply cut support (adding the change in Rayman Legends status as exclusive and the lack of a Wii U version of The Crew). 

And how is PS4 dong worse? It outsold Wii U's 1 year work in a few months. It outsold it 5:1 this week and regularly outsells it 3:1 or 2:1 (3:1 in Japan). There is no number magic here that makes it look different.

If you trust so bad that it will outsell the PS4, just take the bet. Japan only, I won't even ask for a worldwide bet.

Wait until another crappy FF comes out for PS4 and some random chibi games. The PS4 will do good in Japan. Then again if Mario Kart is as popular as they say then... Wii U will do quite well there.

torok said:
Zero999 said:

1 - XOne will never do it? Really? Wii U sold 0.5M so far this year, XOne sold 0.9M. Almost double! It's tracking to outsell it pretty easily! Wii U will have Mario Kart and SSB, but XOne will have Destiny, Batman, Halo, AC, CoD (and it sells on it). It is tracking to do it right now costing 500 dollars, a price cut isn't even necessary for that. Explain, how a console that sold 0.9M while the other sold 0.5M isn't tracking to outsell it? And I'm being generous and not using the 2013 data that would only make it worse to avoid getting the huge launch figures. Please, enlight everyone here. Where's the data that indicates that XOne won't outsell Wii U worldwide. Real data, actual numbers, not guessing about how much units MK or SSB will sell. 

2 - All support? Yes, it is losing it. CoD already lacked DLCs, simply because it didn't sold enough. We still have Watch Dogs and looking at the delay Ubisoft will simply cut support (adding the change in Rayman Legends status as exclusive and the lack of a Wii U version of The Crew). 

And how is PS4 dong worse? It outsold Wii U's 1 year work in a few months. It outsold it 5:1 this week and regularly outsells it 3:1 or 2:1 (3:1 in Japan). There is no number magic here that makes it look different.

If you trust so bad that it will outsell the PS4, just take the bet. Japan only, I won't even ask for a worldwide bet.

1- you said it's on the way to outsell it this year but it's on the way to never outsell it. wii u will have much more than just the 2 games you mentioned and they are far bigger than your xone's examples.

2- all suport is all support and you exaggerated.

3- this is japan we are talking about (check the title) and ps4 is doing worse than wii u. actually it's doing worse than vita, being the weakest of the 4 8th gen systems (3ds, wii u, vita and ps4). I'm in for the bet, Wii U won't be outsold ltd by ps4 in japan.

chapset said:
the wii u is already 1,5 years old considering nintendo only support their console for 4,5 years and Sony does for 7-8 years, no I don't see that happening in any way or shape

The amount of time Nintendo "supports" their console has proven to be a non-factor in the past. 

With that said, I still think it will be a tight race. PS4 will most likely come out on top due to Third-parties, but this year will be very rough for the PS4. It will have some ground to make up, that's for sure.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Jay70sgamer said
First nintendo changes their console every 5 to 6 years so it won't be "6 years from now " and you answered your question already ...wii outsold playstation 3 and they stopped supporting it 2 years prior to the wii u and it is still has outsold the playstation 3 and the playstation 3 still will never catch up....also  you think the playstation 4 is gonna move hardware when they do not have a system selling game coming out anytime soon ...I think people got caught up in the playstation 4 usa and Europe success and thought Japan would be the same but it's not ....do you really believe playstation 4 sales are gonna go up anytime soon ....no the sells will continue to drop to be honest no one knows how low but look at ps3 it's only 5 thousand less consoles sold than the brand new ps4 ...the playstation 3 might outsell playstation 4 next week or the week after ....also you don't know what software nintendo or 3rd party has that might move consoles ...we do know they have bayonetta ,smash ,and mario kart ..you don't know what ps4 has that will move units just saying ....also no one knows for sure who came in second place in generation 7 yet too close to call

First, when Nintendo changes their system is irrellevant. If 6 years from now Ps4 is still selling but Nintendo is on to the next system then why would that mean Wii u outsells Ps4 if the Ps4 sells more... Ps3 never outpaced the Wii... That is why it will never pass the Wii. 12/6 = 2. 10/6 = 1.66. Very simple math dude.

You want to know what is going to sell the Ps4? A consistant stream of games. Thats what sells every system. Ps4 doesn't need one game. It just needs more games than the Wii U got. And thats easily accomplishable. 3rd parties will guarentee that. Oh no... Ps3 is only 5k less than the Ps4... oh wait... wasn't Ps2 selling better than the ps3. Why yes, yes it was. Does that mean the Ps3 didnt take off? Absolutely not.

No one game will save a system. Right before MK8 hits sales will slump. When MK8 launches Wii U will get an insanely high boost first week. This will be because the sales it lost from earilier weeks will be rolled up into one week along with bringing in new audience. Then sales will steadily decline over then next month back to 40-50k weekly... until its next game... which is when again?

Your whole post is just terrible 

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Lol I see you have to result to insults when facts are brought upon you....first off you are stating a lot of what ifs and maybes I stated facts .....your logic is very flawed ....you are saying that when mario kart 8 releases it will only get an insanely high boost because the sales it lost from its previous weeks along with a new audience ...if that is the case would that be the same logic you are using for the ps4 in  which sales are very low for a new console in its 4 week and will drop further soon ...so when a new popular game comes out on the ps4 wouldn't the previous weeks low sales and new audience make it a big first week using your logic lol that is silly to make that assumption also ...you are saying at the. Current pace 40 weeks nonsense do you think the wii u sales will go back down after system sellers mario kart 8 and super smash releases with long legs look at the Japanese charts mario kart wii is still on the charts after 5 years ...do you actual think after these games are released nintendo weekly average would not rise consistently ..this is not niche games like pikmin or even lets say a donkey kong these are Nintendos highest selling games ....and exclusives are what moves the most systems yes consistent software matters that is one of the reason why the wii u hasn't sold because of lack of software but if they were consistent and advertise more  ..it would do much better ....and to your point nintendo never had really good third party and killed xbox and ps3 ..you know why look at the exclusives and bundled exclusive games and look how much more they sold than any playstation or xbox bundle .....software sells systems especially exclusives MARIO KART WII 35,000,000 more than playstation 3 and xbox too exclusives combined one game 

Zero999 said:

3 - this is japan we are talking about (check the title) and ps4 is doing worse than wii u. actually it's doing worse than vita, being the weakest of the 4 8th gen systems (3ds, wii u, vita and ps4). I'm in for the bet, Wii U won't be outsold ltd by ps4 in japan.

So let's take the bet. I propose the following, I win if PS4 outsells Wii U in Japan, you win if it doesn't. The end is when both consoles get a sucessor. The loser will have to add the following to his sig: "Torok/Zero999 correctly predicted that PS4/Wii U would sell more units lifetime in Japan and I was wrong about it". Let's say, for 1 month. 

torok said:
Zero999 said:

3 - this is japan we are talking about (check the title) and ps4 is doing worse than wii u. actually it's doing worse than vita, being the weakest of the 4 8th gen systems (3ds, wii u, vita and ps4). I'm in for the bet, Wii U won't be outsold ltd by ps4 in japan.

So let's take the bet. I propose the following, I win if PS4 outsells Wii U in Japan, you win if it doesn't. The end is when both consoles get a sucessor. The loser will have to add the following to his sig: "Torok/Zero999 correctly predicted that PS4/Wii U would sell more units lifetime in Japan and I was wrong about it". Let's say, for 1 month. 

DEAL.

Zero999 said:
torok said:
Zero999 said:

DEAL.

So it's on! Well, another loooooong bet for my record.