By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think the Wii U will outsell PS4 in Japan

BeElite said:
Zero999 said:

bold 3: you realize ps4's numbers are terrible for a recently launched platform, right? that 30k only happened because of the metal gear 5 deluxe demo. it already fell to 23k the following week vs 13k for wii u. ps4 will probably estabilize at sub 10k numbers and wii u will rise a lot after mario kart.

Oh yes wiiu will rise after kart, how much and for how long did it rise from its previous exclusives.

You hope PS4 fals to wiiu levels, nothing shows it actually will near anywhere 10k othere then your hopes. 

bold: Except for ps4's high price, poor lineup in the present and known future, horrible launch period sales and continued decline week on week.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

bold: Except for ps4's high price, poor lineup in the present and known future, horrible launch period sales and continued decline week on week.

33, 29, 31k last 3 weeks what the hell are you talking about.

BeElite said:
Zero999 said:

33, 28, then 30 only because of the metal gear 5 deluxe demo, then fell to 23 in the same week EVERYTHING else was up due to iminent tax increase. next week should be even lower.

Zero999 said:
BeElite said:
Zero999 said:

33, 28, then 30 only because of the metal gear 5 deluxe demo, then fell to 23 in the same week EVERYTHING else was up due to iminent tax increase. next week should be even lower.

If overpriced demo can do that, what you think actuall games will do. 

My Lifetime sales prediction for both in Japan is:

WiiU- 4-5M
PS4 - 8-9M

WiiU still has some cards but PS4 has the whole deck, like many mentioned, KH/FF will sell 2 million each. PS4 success in Japan is guaranteed, but the WiiU can pull some good numbers IF they keep supporting like they're doing.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network
fluky-nintendy said:

WiiU- 4-5M
PS4 - 8-9M

why so low, im sure plenty will be two console owners, so what 12ish million console owners in a nation of 120million plus people.

Zero999 said:
torok said:
Seriously? Japan isn't even Wii U's strongest territory (NA is). Even PSV is substantially above Wii U in Japan. Wii U isn't doing good there. Only 3DS is and Vita is doing decently. PS3 is already on it's way out and manages to outsell Wii U some weeks there.

PS4 already did 500k+ without any Japanese exclusive (Yakuza is on PS3 too). Metal Gear and Gran Turismo are pretty much what PS4 needs there to get a nice sales bump. Actually, this week Wii U made 9k and PS4 made 30k there. I mean, PS4 outsells it 3:1 without any Japanese oriented game except Yakuza, MGS (that's is more like a demo) and the FF XV demo.

Honestly, it's time to stop thinking Wii U will win or do decent in any region. It's more than 1 year, the competitors are passing it in a few months in the market and it just lost all thirdy-party support. It's simple. Sales-wise, the console is done.

bold: ps4 ONLY did 500k in 6 weeks, lowest launch of the generation for japan.

bold 2: maybe, but when will they come? and will the bump be even close to enough to make it win japan.

bold 3: you realize ps4's numbers are terrible for a recently launched platform, right? that 30k only happened because of the metal gear 5 deluxe demo. it already fell to 23k the following week vs 13k for wii u. ps4 will probably estabilize at sub 10k numbers and wii u will rise a lot after mario kart.

bold 4: the only correct part was that it's more than one year old.

1, 2 and 3) The only fact you posted is that it is averaging 20k while wii U is between 10k-15k. This fact just proves that Wii U is going worse. Mario Kart making it's sales rise isn't a fact, it's pure guessing, as it is your prediction of sub-10k for PS4.

4) PS4 passed Wii U in a few months, XOne is tracking to do it this year. Fact. Wii U losses 3rd party support. Let's see:

- Asssassin's Creed 4 on Wii U. AC Unity won't.

- Need for Speed Most Wanted on Wii U. Rivals wasn't.

- Batman Arkham City and Origins on Wii U. Arkham Knight won't.

- Watch Dogs Wii U delayed, maybe even for 2015.

So, the loss of support is another fact. So the entire bolded section is based on facts, not especulation or wishful thinking. If you believe that much on it, I will be glad to take a bet about who wins Japan in the end.

BeElite said:
fluky-nintendy said:

WiiU- 4-5M
PS4 - 8-9M

why so low, im sure plenty will be two console owners, so what 12ish million console owners in a nation of 120million plus people.

Well considering the low interest Japanese people have on home consoles, I have my doubts that PS4 can go past the 10M mark. But maybe I should correct to 9-10M. Now about WiiU I won't change, because there aren't many 1st party games left for the Japanese audience. Unless they release Pokemon there.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
fluky-nintendy said:
BeElite said:
fluky-nintendy said:

WiiU- 4-5M
PS4 - 8-9M

Well considering the low interest Japanese people have on home consoles, I have my doubts that PS4 can go past the 10M mark. But maybe I should correct to 9-10M. Now about WiiU I won't change, because there aren't many 1st party games left for the Japanese audience. Unless they release Pokemon there.

Given MGS GT FF KH and likely Monster huneter and maybe Dragons quest, 10m would be brutal.

BeElite said:
Zero999 said:

If overpriced demo can do that, what you think actuall games will do. 

where are the actual games?